Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of nowhere, he got up from his couch, and seemed very restless, sounding like he was choking. I took him out, and he started eating grass like crazy. The choking stopped(at least i think it was choking) and he tried to throw up. After 15 minutes of grass eating, we went back inside, and he seems fine now.

An hour before he decided to eat a rawhide bone completely, and he wanted to go out for a pee after. I took him out, and he did a little jog around our yard, then went back in. This jog happened like 20 minutes before the choking.

Last night he was constipated, and his abdomen seems pretry full right now. He is a 9 year old treeing walker coonhound mix named Tacoma.

Any help is appreciated.
thanks. Nick

·
Registered
989 Posts
Sounds like a negative reaction to the rawhide. I never feed rawhide to Cosmo, they're not a good chewie in the face of health.

It sounds like he could have had some blockage, and could still if he's constipated. I'd make a vet visit immediately. Is he drinking or accepting food?

·
Registered
989 Posts
He is drinking, and just had a massive bowel movement. Not constipation
Ok so what symptoms is he showing now? You posted with a very sick seeming dog so I suggested you visit the vet and now you're saying he's fine. I won't be able to diagnose your dog, like I suggested go to or at least call your vet and ask for their opinion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When a dog eats grass it is because something is stuck and he wants to vomit.

The gràss eating is also to get rid of furballs

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Upset stomach, or something stuck in his throat. If he keeps this up a Vet visit is warranted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts