Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to register Tyrion for his microchip but I'm not really sure what to call his coat color. It's most definitely not white, more like beige with streaks of off white or something. Would you call this "buff"? "Fawn"? "Cream"? "Wheaten"? I'm going by the colors they suggest. And on markings...well he just has some black and brownish hairs on his ears and tail. I don't know if that's called anything. I might send them an e-mail to ask. I don't want his chip to be registered on the wrong color!

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would go with cream or wheaten. I think he's more wheaten in color, but if anyone found him I would think they'd be more likely to say cream. Too light for fawn though.
Pretty boy! I love the black tail.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's a Maltese/Yorkie mix. My mom said to register him as cream so that's what we did.

·
Registered
405 Posts
What breed is he? Sometimes breeds have specific names for tan/cream/wheaton/beige
Yeah, but for things like microchips, town licenses, etc, it's best to keep it simple. Unless you're "in" the breed, you may not know the specific name for a color. Perfect example is my friend's Staffordshire Bull terrier. I thought she was black with some white markings. Turns out, but she's a dark brindle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.