I feel that now is probably the best time. I move on Wednesday to a house with a backyard, trails close by, a dog park 40 min walking, a petstore 20 min walking, an open grass field in a school, a park 20 min walking, etc., I can keep the dog in a crate and hope my dad doesn't open it (if he knows the dog is mine, he shouldn't bother opening the crate. Plus, he never walked my old dog so why would he walk the new one? He only walks my dog Peanut because before he was claimed mine, he was a family dog). Summer break is coming in 23 days and focusing on a new dog this summer would be great.I don't want to be that person, but as someone who was in a situation where I adopted a dog when I was in the wrong circumstances and had a disastrous outcome because of it, I truly believe you need to wait.
Are you moving away from your dad? I'm recalling your thread about him being hurtful to your chihuahua
I think a name is the least of your problems.No I'm not. I have to figure out a way to keep my dad away from the new dog.
This was supposed to be a fun, silly post. Not turn it into a lecture.I think a name is the least of your problems.
I never said I was going to actually get the dog. I was expressing interest, I didn't make it official.Your post #3 says you feel that 'now is the best time' and describing 'this dog'. It is a serious move, we are expressing concern. I hope the best for you and any future dogs you may acquire.