Dog Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I don't want to be that person, but as someone who was in a situation where I adopted a dog when I was in the wrong circumstances and had a disastrous outcome because of it, I truly believe you need to wait.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want to be that person, but as someone who was in a situation where I adopted a dog when I was in the wrong circumstances and had a disastrous outcome because of it, I truly believe you need to wait.
I feel that now is probably the best time. I move on Wednesday to a house with a backyard, trails close by, a dog park 40 min walking, a petstore 20 min walking, an open grass field in a school, a park 20 min walking, etc., I can keep the dog in a crate and hope my dad doesn't open it (if he knows the dog is mine, he shouldn't bother opening the crate. Plus, he never walked my old dog so why would he walk the new one? He only walks my dog Peanut because before he was claimed mine, he was a family dog). Summer break is coming in 23 days and focusing on a new dog this summer would be great.

Plus, this dog is an older dog so it shouldn't be bouncing off the walls during the day. It would (most likely) have no problem lying in his bed in my room with the door closed during the day while I'm gone. I would leave a kong out and a treat ball to keep the dog busy until I get home also.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I won't keep replying about it. But I do hope you reconsider. I hope for the best for you

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think a name is the least of your problems.
This was supposed to be a fun, silly post. Not turn it into a lecture.

Did I say I was going to get the dog? No. I said I hated the name of the dog and asked what you would name it. No where does it say I'm going to get the dog.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Your post #3 says you feel that 'now is the best time' and describing 'this dog'. It is a serious move, we are expressing concern. I hope the best for you and any future dogs you may acquire.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your post #3 says you feel that 'now is the best time' and describing 'this dog'. It is a serious move, we are expressing concern. I hope the best for you and any future dogs you may acquire.
I never said I was going to actually get the dog. I was expressing interest, I didn't make it official.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I don't need anything official to be concerned for you and this dog or any dog you might get, and to express my best wishes for a good future for any dog you might acquire.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
Hi Mayarego,

We used to have a great thread on Petfinder Crushes! Even though I'm not looking for a second dog, I, too, enjoy looking at the postings of dogs as well and dreaming about "some day." :)

I rather like the name "Chessnut," but I see it fitting a cuddly, long-haired dog. How about "Spirit?"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts