Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,353 Posts
Huskies aren't an easy breed. They have a high prey drive and were bred to work long hours which most pet homes can't provide. That doesn't mean you can't train any dog to walk without pulling. Most dogs don't willingly walk at our slow, boring pace. It takes time, a lot of it and consistency. If you can't get your head around that concept, you'll never have a dog who will walk at your speed. I see a Husky jogging along beside his owner every morning on my way to work. I've never seen this dog pulling.

A flirt pole can be a life saver for dogs that have a lot of energy to burn. Not sure if Sophie was recently spayed. Sorry but sometimes I'm too lazy to check my memory. When she's healed up and can be active again, you can make your own pretty cheaply. Google it. You can also get a doggy backpack. Start with light weighted items, like a water bottle on each side. Gives her a job to do and it can make a big difference for some dogs.

If you're convinced force and punishment are the only methods that will work, you haven't been paying attention or reading any of the many links and articles on this site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.