Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've always wondered about Tiger. He's a mix breed that my kids found on the side of the road. He weighs about 80 pounds, and is the best dog I've ever had. He doesn't have an ounce of aggression, and is a big "chicken dog". He's deathly afraid of our cats who were around before he became a part of the family. The only non-human friend he has is Pippin the Cat that became a part of our family after Tiger.

Can someone tell me Tiger's breed (or the mixture)? As you can tell, Tiger got his name from the tiger stripes in his coat.

Thanks,

Meredith

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
he looks like you might have some grey hound in him. the coloring is what looks like a grey hound. he size is like a lab. just my opinion

·
Registered
103 Posts
curs, greyhounds, great danes, pit bulls can all have that brindle pattern. I doubt it's pit bull, I've owned several and they would not be that close to a cat without eating it! I think I would go with either Dane or Greyhound.
BTW beautiful cat!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, close! I've been told that he has some pit bull by people interested in him when they see him in the car. That's funny what you said about Pippin. He's deathly afraid of our other three cats, and they constantly torture him. One example is that one of our cats, Sammie, won't let him come in the dog door. She stands by it and swats him when he tries to come in. I have to scare her away because all Tiger does is whimper.

Pippin is another adoption. We got her from a lady that had too many cats. Tiger was a puppy that my kids picked up after church and brought home wrapped up in a towel.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I think he does remind me somewhat of a cur also but mixed breeds are so very hard to tell. He also looks maybe like a Pit or Boxer mix, could be Dane, Presa, so many possibilities. Whatever he is very lovely looking dogs and I totally love brindles, probably my favorite.

curs, greyhounds, great danes, pit bulls can all have that brindle pattern. I doubt it's pit bull, I've owned several and they would not be that close to a cat without eating it! I think I would go with either Dane or Greyhound.
BTW beautiful cat!
Right :eyeroll: Of course all Pit Bulls want to do is eat everything/one around them

This must not be a real Pit Bull

Bad, evil bed stealing cat!!!

Better have her title revoked and paperwork voided.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I wouldn't say Greyhound, he looks too chunky, in a good way, and doesn't have a long enough nose to be a lurcher, unless its only a small percentage, I was thinking some sort of mastiff cross, how big is he. I also see a bit of lab in him to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spicy, your comment was cute. I love the bed stealing cat! :) If a dog is raised around cats, then cats do a good job of cowing dogs.

Chaz, he's getting chunkier by the moment, but he's between 75 and 80 pounds. He has a big chest, but it's narrow. He doesn't have a big loggerhead like a pit.

About the cats, we have 4. Three of the cats really hate Tiger because he was too crazy when he was a puppy and wanted to play with the cats. The cats wouldn't have anything to do with that and would swat him. Pippin came along after Tiger and his only non-human friend. They often sleep together and Pippin grooms Tiger. One of my cats, however, keeps Tiger from coming in the house by guarding the dog door. It's pathetic, and we have to chase Sammie away before he'll come inside or go outside. It's one of Sammie's favorite games.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
What type of dogs do you have? What ever they are, they are very relaxed dogs!
haha thank you. The ones in that photo are a terrier mix and a pomeranian.

I know a few people mentioned the pitbull/cat thing.... GOBS of pits get along with cats. Including mine....that said...your dog doesn't look like a pitbull to me...likely a cur mix.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts