Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a dog 2 days ago, and I wanna know what dog she is. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204646673023393&set=pb.1132375071.-2207520000.1438235377.&type=3&theater <--(You have to be logged into facebook to view but she looks almost exactly like this dog which is a rottweiler yorkie maltese mix)---> http://www.fuzzypuppylove.com/Bichon-Shihztu-Poodle/texas-yorkie-mix-marly.jpg <--except mine has maltese fur type (fluffy). I was told she was a "maltese MIX" what do you think the MIX is? I think: Maltese, yorkie, rottweiler, mix but of course not sure.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
The first link says content unavailable.

How old is your dog? If it's a young puppy it'll be really hard to tell what mix he is until he gets older. If it's a small breed dog then it's highly unlikely there's any rottie in the mix. There are a few small breed dogs that have the same coloring as a rottweiler two are Miniature Pinschers and a Manchester Terriers. Black and tan Chihuahua's can also have that coloring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first link says content unavailable.

How old is your dog? If it's a young puppy it'll be really hard to tell what mix he is until he gets older. If it's a small breed dog then it's highly unlikely there's any rottie in the mix. There are a few small breed dogs that have the same coloring as a rottweiler two are Miniature Pinschers and a Manchester Terriers. Black and tan Chihuahua's can also have that coloring.
Yup its a puppy. thanks for the input and yorue prob right.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Yup its a puppy. thanks for the input and yorue prob right.

You're welcome. It can be incredibly difficult to tell with a puppy. Most change the way their coat looks, and overall shape and appearance, the first 6 or so months of their life

He looks like a cutie though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Yorkies and yorkie mixes can have that coloring too- I can't see your pics on fb but based on the info you gave I'd say Maltese x yorkie. They're a popular designer mix so it's also a mix that's likely.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Heh um...a Rottie mixed with a Yorkie sounds extremely unlikely. Yorkies have very similar coloring. Which is yours? The first link that works looks like it could easily be a Yorkie/Maltese mix, favoring the Yorkie. I think you might drive yourself nuts trying to pinpoint what your dog's mix is by looking at photos online. Aside from the fact you don't know if people online are telling the truth about their dog's mix, mixed breed dogs do NOT have a uniform appearance like purebreds. Even if your dog literally looks exactly like one of the dogs online, that does not mean that's what she is. I recently got a Christmas ornament for my mom because the Havanese puppy on it looks exactly like her new pup who is a Maltese/Yorkie. It looks so much like him that she actually asked how I got his ears to look like that on the picture I uploaded onto the ornament! So really, you can't eyeball it perfectly like that, even if you're a dog expert.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
For some reason, any dog of any size that has black and tan markings is called a rottweiler mix, no matter the size. There are a couple of dozen breeds that can have those markings, from Yorkies and Min pins to hounds and terriers.

Why not take a picture of your actual dog and upload it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts