Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with me its....

do you run a daycare? why so many?

what a nice girl!....to the white fluffy boys!! esp. with pepe since all poodles are girls! :rolleyes:

can he see out that eye?....to valentino's blue eye...yes he can!! :confused:

·
Registered
181 Posts
People around here are ignorant scumbags who just bash my dog cause she's a boxer, I also get the same comments when walking my friend's Husky and American Pitbull Terrier.

I really hate the media, and ignorant people...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I get lots of different ones.............some are nice, some are ignorant, some are annoying and some are welcomed.......

comments and questions
Whoa big dog or wow that's a big dog
Does he/she bite
Is he/she mean
How do you keep them from growing up mean
Your dog is cute
Very pretty
How do they get so much muscle
I like the color
She is small
Are they a mix
Do you fight them
Do you breed them
What breed is that
They are nice or friendly
that's a lot of fur
I also get comments where they call them the wrong breed like that is a nice "name breed here" when it is not that breed at all or I get know it alls who don't know what they are talking about trying to tell me what breed or what type/color my dog is.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My most frequent question is:

"Is this the dog that has problems?"

We live in a small town of about 15,000 people. When we adopted the dog he had separation anxiety and tore our house up. I told the story to some friends at work and sent them some pictures of the destruction. Now, people I don't even know have heard about it and comment about it.

I stopped at the pharmacy and the pharmacist asked how my dog was doing. I had never been to this pharmacy before, so she must have heard about the dog and recognized my name. Some other dog owners in the park, who I had never met before, told me "those pictures were amazing". How the heck did they get the pictures? Well.. I know "how" the got them... just amazing that those pictures have traveled all over town via email. (Be careful what you send to your friends) Someone even called our Vet and asked what we should be doing to solve the problem. I know he meant well, but come on... didn't he think that we were smart enough to be working with the vet? It feels like someone calling my doctor to ask about me. Who would do that?

Wow! I wish I had never told people about it because it seems that virtually everyone in town knows about it and what they don't know, they are making up. I walk him off-leash and he walks with me perfectly. The other day I overheard someone saying that he saw the dog "dragging me down the street". I walk him "off-leash" there is no way he could be dragging me anywhere... and he stays right by my side so he would not have even been in front of me.

The dog is actually doing great. He still has some separation problems, but I would say he is 90% better with that and he is great in every other way.

Argh! Sorry for the vent.
-Mike-

·
Registered
146 Posts
When people learn how many I have, they usually ask if I'm crazy haha ;) (in a joking manner)

People always say Kairyl (Alaskan Malamute) is gorgeous, some are timid about him.

Usually scared of Denver and Philly (leonberger/newfies) due to their size (and Philly barks when people come over).

Toby's comments are about how huge he is... he's a mini aussie but is no longer mini haha :) He's about 20" and minis are 18 and under.

All the mini aussies get nice comments, people always love them. Especially my tiny Buddjet who is a ham, and my gorgeous red merle Rylie :)

My friend gets bad comments, she has a pit and a HUGE rotti. Some of the nicest and most well behaved dogs I've ever met, but there's that breed thing *sigh*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts