Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so one of my neighbors has a dog, I don't think I've seen the person that lives there before, but everyday, the poor pup is barking and whining all day long. He/she sounds like they're barking out of distress and theirs an urgency to their voice. I don't think anyone is home all day, and I feel really bad for the dog, I'm not sure whether to call my apartment office, knock on the person's door or what! The barking also disturbs work/school sometimes. Any advice?

·
Administrator
877 Posts
Do you know the people? If you think they might be unaware, a friendly note through their door saying you expect they don't realise, but think they would want to know their dog sounds distressed.
This. Try the friendly approach first. You could offer to walk the dog, or dog sit for them while they're at work, so that the dog isn't lonely or distressed. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I leave little notes at the front desk for my neighbors all the time. Typically, I let them know that I am home most days and would love the company if they ever need it. I include a number with the option of call or text. Appealing to them like you need the favor can be a more subtle approach.

Barking is stressful for everyone, I barely take the trash out without my baby…. Next thing ya know, I’d have a note at the desk for me lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts