Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides my two dogs, Bella a Pitbull/Dalmatian mix (almost 1) and Dante a Doberman/German Shepherd mix (2), I currently have:

Miss Madam Fluffy Bottoms the third Esquire the Maine Coon mix kitten (about 4 months).

Tokka the Gerbil (almost 4) (her partner Rahzar recently passed at age 3 1/2).

Miss Pricklepants the Hedgehog (2 1/2).

Reptar the Chinese Water Dragon (about 2).

Mondo Gecko the Crested Gecko (about 3).

April the Golden Gecko (best guess was around 6 months when we got her so she's probably around 10 months now).

Joker and Harley the Leopard Geckos (both around 7 or 8 months old).

Pascal the Veiled Chameleon (2 months).

Sub-Zero the Emperor Scorpion (about a month).

Rocket the Axolotl (2-3 months).

Ramirez (around 3 or 4) and Triton (about 4 1/2) the Hermit Crabs.

and

Frankenstein (4 years!), Voorhees (3 1/2 years!), Pennywise (about a year) and Pinhead (also about a year) the Betta Splendens (recently lost my Krueger at age 3 as well).

Once we move (hopefully in late Feb!) I will be getting a few different millipede species as well and then a praying mantis in spring.

Anyway I am interested in hearing what else everybody has!

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have house spiders that I haven't named. Does that count?

But that's quite a menagerie you have. I'm impressed. I'd love to know what you find unique about each of them.

(Are Betta Spendens fish?)

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I have my three dogs, Lexy, Sophie, and Chisum.

We also have 12 farm cats. All fixed - no kittens!
Buffy, Tinker, Lady, Friday, Carter, Ragweed, Satina, Christopher, Aspen, Maple, Lincoln, KK.

I have five bearded Brahma chickens, three roosters and two hens. I've been told to get rid of two of my roosters, but don't know how I'd choose. :)
Their names are (and I got reallly creative here, ha): Rooster Buff, Rooster Cogsworth, Rooster Lilby, Peachen, and Sagehen.

And then we have a herd of Angus cattle. Not really pets but they're fun.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have a 13 year old quarter horse, a two year old kitty cat, a three year old and four year old ferret, and a four year old leopard gecko :) I also technically have a 6 year old cat that lives with my parents, but it's questionable about whether or not he's my cat or theirs! :p I was going to bring him to live with me a couple of years ago, but they wanted to keep him...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
We have Kasper (BC x ESS) aged 4, Zoey (SBT x) aged 2 and...

Paul and Miguel, Society finches (age unknown)

Puj, Syrian hamster, aged 6 months

Lorri, Lissy & Lexus, fancy mice, aged roughly 5 months (Lorri just lost her sister, so Lissy and Lexus are new additions that we are introducing to Lorri after quarantine!)

Iden, mini lop x Lionhead rabbit, aged 5 months

Chinchou (aged 1) and Lemon (aged 5 months) the guinea pigs

Just lost our two gerbils aged 2.5 years :(

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Sophie the mutt bunny who is a "sassy little b----" according to the friend that petsat her last week. I love her sassy attitude. She's going to be 6 this May!
ImageUploadedByPG Free1420687587.466137.jpg

I just got a little baby budgie named Django. (S)he's adorable and is already starting to warm up to me.
ImageUploadedByPG Free1420687612.494295.jpg

I also live with 3 other bunnies and a very weird cat, which belong to my roommate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have 1 dog, Ripley (chihuahua/cocker spaniel mix), 1 year old

3 indoor cats (2 long hair, 1 short hair), all around 5-7 yrs old

3 poison dart frogs (Dendrobates tinctorius "Patricia" morph), about 2 yrs old

25 gallon freshwater fish tank with various inhabitants

And outdoor stray/feral cats that I captured, had neutered, and released - currently 7 cats of various ages :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's nice knowing I'm not the only one out there with a personal zoo. People often give me this look when I tell them how many pets I have, but honestly if you have time to watch 30min of tv, you have time to take care of your animals.
Pepper my lil boston 1yr 1month old now!
4 cats:
Clementine 7 years old. Found her in front of a Zellers store at christmas crying and trying to follow people. She was so cute I was not leaving her at a strip mall
Peeks- 7 years- adopted from shelter. She and Clementine are in love
HoneyBee (HB for short)- 3 years? Someone moved out of my apartment building and left their cat behind.
Rosie: This cat I got sucked into via pictures of barn kittens lol. She was the first kitten I ever had. Spoiled brat!
All my cats are fixed and live peacefully in my 2 bedroom apartment. It did take a while but now people can bring their dogs over and my cats just don't care. They are all very laid back.

Commissioner Gordon: estamated 11-12 year old bearded dragon. His owner was a friend who moved out of country and asked me to care for him. He is such a chill little dude.
Mr.Peabody: 3yr chameleon. This guy is a grumpy ol'bastard who wants to be left the hell alone.
Honestly when I did the reading about cham's I new there was potential for angry males, but man I had no idea they could be this grumpy. Good thing I like plants. I have a living terrarium for him that I keep, and he is on constant guard lol. But it's ok. I just let him do his thing.

One day I would like a hobby farm with a couple goats, maybe a pot belly pig, rescue donkey, couple chickens. but only if the housing market crashes will I ever be able to afford that

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's nice knowing I'm not the only one out there with a personal zoo. People often give me this look when I tell them how many pets I have, but honestly if you have time to watch 30min of tv, you have time to take care of your animals.
Pepper my lil boston 1yr 1month old now!
4 cats:
Clementine 7 years old. Found her in front of a Zellers store at christmas crying and trying to follow people. She was so cute I was not leaving her at a strip mall
Peeks- 7 years- adopted from shelter. She and Clementine are in love
HoneyBee (HB for short)- 3 years? Someone moved out of my apartment building and left their cat behind.
Rosie: This cat I got sucked into via pictures of barn kittens lol. She was the first kitten I ever had. Spoiled brat!
All my cats are fixed and live peacefully in my 2 bedroom apartment. It did take a while but now people can bring their dogs over and my cats just don't care. They are all very laid back.

Commissioner Gordon: estamated 11-12 year old bearded dragon. His owner was a friend who moved out of country and asked me to care for him. He is such a chill little dude.
Mr.Peabody: 3yr chameleon. This guy is a grumpy ol'bastard who wants to be left the hell alone.
Honestly when I did the reading about cham's I new there was potential for angry males, but man I had no idea they could be this grumpy. Good thing I like plants. I have a living terrarium for him that I keep, and he is on constant guard lol. But it's ok. I just let him do his thing.

One day I would like a hobby farm with a couple goats, maybe a pot belly pig, rescue donkey, couple chickens. but only if the housing market crashes will I ever be able to afford that
Nice menagerie. Commissioner Gordon is a great name. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Besides Caleb (8 1/2 year old Lab), we have Shaker, a Mini Rex rabbit (he'll be 12 in May).

We also have a "part time" Hermit Crab, Dutch. He's pretty small still, I just got him over the summer when Bandit, the previous hermit crab, died. Dutch will spend from about March or April until June in a Kindergarten class where I work, and then, most likely, come back here until next spring (he actually belongs to the class).

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I have 2 cats, Poppy who is nearly 13 & Tilly who is 8. Tilly adores my dog, Betsy, & When Betsy is out on a walk she sits on a chair in the hallway waiting for her return, sometimes meowing loudly :p.
This is Betsy & Tilly in my avatar.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Besides the pups, Bambi, Riley, Dycen, and Dexter, I have Gizmo the Budgie and her flock (9 "new" additions that have yet to be named), C.C. the Rat, 5 male, 1 female Betta Splendens , Sarek, Dijon, Ozzie, Rookie, Yet to be named, and Peaches (as my daughter calls her), Azrael and Gargamel the Oscars, Several Rope fish, a Bashir named Bronty, 4 Angelfish and 6 Fire bellied Toads... Then there is my son's Black skirt Tetras.....

·
Registered
914 Posts
Three cats; siutamm(11y), siuchu(10y) and bing bing(5y). All found abandoned on the street. Only bing bing is very social with us, while siuchu just loves our dogs (it's not always mutual) and don't care about humans. Siutamm mostly sticks to herself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Two parakeets and a very spoiled leopard gecko. We also help feed 10,000 trout at the nursery but I don't think I'd call them "pets" :)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Other then Sawyer I only have fish. I would have more like a cat, mice, gerbils, a eyelash crested gecko, and a bunny if I could.
For fish I have,
1 common goldfish and 3 rosy red minnows in my cold water 50 gallon
6 female betta splendens 8 black phantom tetras, 3 long finned zebra danios and 5 mollies of various colors in my tropical 40 gallon tank
& 1 male betta splendens

I used to have 4 other males who have sinced passed away and 2 10 gallons, but between Sawyer and the two big tanks I didn't really have the time to keep my 10 gallons going, so I ended up taking them down. Though I might start them up again eventually.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Besides the dogs I have 3 ferrets, Charlie (4 yrs), Panda (4 yrs), and Ferris (6-7 yrs). And a recent addition, a black and white cat named Kohl (roughly 2-3 yrs).

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
(Are Betta Spendens fish?)
Yes they are. There are many different types of bettas such as betta splendens , betta smaragdina, betta macrostoma and betta albimarginata
for some examples. All bettas are tropical fish, and most types of bettas are wild though some people will go out and catch the wild fish and breed them and keep them. Betta splendens are the most common and what you will find in most chain petstores such as petco, petsmart, and petsupplies plus. They are the ones in the tiny round containers. Betta splendens come in variety of fin types, vial tail, crown tail, spade tail, double tail, halfmoon, elephant ear, delta tail, superdelta, rosetail, plaket. And they come in a wide rage of colors, both solid, multi and marble. The females have the shorter fins while the males have long flowy fins unless there a placet in which case both males and females of this fin type with have short fins. Betta splendens are also a aggressive/territorial fish and some people will put two males together to watch them fight. Which is why they are also well known as Siamese fighting fish. Males tend to be more aggressive then females but it all depends on the fish.

lol sorry that got really long, Can you tell I like betta fish :p :eyeroll:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts