Dog Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everone,
I recently found out about this forum so as an eternal dog lover I jumped right in 馃榾
One day, i found a sick stray puppy who's been with me ever since. He almost died twice but my baby is a fighter. A few months later, he's become an adorable big boy that we love dearly. I was just wondering what mixed breed he could be?
Not that it would change anything for me, I'm just curious.
Thank you

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Registered
I don't have an idea; it could be almost anything.
Tail held curled over back, and a bit of brindle coloring.......I dunno.

His behavior can tell you some things. But with this kind of mix, which shows more of the border collie than anything else, it's pretty hard to say. Perhaps one parent was border collie, the other a mix of several breeds.

Registered
Maybe a border collie/Malinois mix, MAYBE...

Reactions: Vashta

Registered
Hey everone,
I recently found out about this forum so as an eternal dog lover I jumped right in 馃榾
One day, i found a sick stray puppy who's been with me ever since. He almost died twice but my baby is a fighter. A few months later, he's become an adorable big boy that we love dearly. I was just wondering what mixed breed he could be?
Not that it would change anything for me, I'm just curious.
Thank you View attachment 251310 View attachment 251311 View attachment 251309
He looks like maybe a Border Collie crossed with a Golden Retriever and maybe there鈥檚 some Boxer or some type of breed that has brindle markings? He looks like he is sort of a brindle color on his back. Very cute pup!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have an idea; it could be almost anything.
Tail held curled over back, and a bit of brindle coloring.......I dunno.

His behavior can tell you some things. But with this kind of mix, which shows more of the border collie than anything else, it's pretty hard to say. Perhaps one parent was border collie, the other a mix of several breeds.
Ah! that's quite interesting! I didn't know that breed affected dogs behaviour!
And I guess that's accurate, he might be from multiple breeds. I love that! It's like playing the Sims and not knowing what's going to come out from mixing races/breeds 馃槄

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He looks like maybe a Border Collie crossed with a Golden Retriever and maybe there鈥檚 some Boxer or some type of breed that has brindle markings? He looks like he is sort of a brindle color on his back. Very cute pup!
That's true! Didn't really notice that. He also has spotted arms and legs. Do you think a Dalmatian could have been involved?

Super Moderator
I didn't know that breed affected dogs behaviour!
It affects it enormously.

Dogs were selectively bred over thousands of years to do particular jobs - for example to herd livestock, guard things, hunt or retrieve hunted game, pull things like sleds, or control vermin. A couple of hundred years of being pets hasn't got rid of these character traits. That's why you seldom see a husky off leash, their basic instinct is to run in a straight line and not stop. And why we don't use terriers to herd sheep.

And that affects our expectations and methods when we train dogs - it's important to work with these breed traits rather than fighting against them, which would just set us and the dog up to fail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts