Dog Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
German Shepherd's in there for sure, as to what the rest is I'm not sure without doing some more research... Pit bull maybe?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the fast responses. Someone at a pet store told me he looked like a Catahoula x German Shepherd, is that plausable?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Catahoula is possible, he does seem to have a similar body structure to them. But you don't see many purebred catahoulas running around and impregnating (or being impregnated by) random dogs, so mixes of them aren't very common. Also, aside from body structure I don't really see any of the coat or markings coming through as catahoula, so if it is in there its pretty overpowered by the german shepherd part.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just did some picture hunting to check on my suspicions of him being a shepherd/pit bull cross... Looks plausible to me.

You can see the same body structure with the slenderness in this German Shepherd pic: Herding Dog Group - German Shepherd Dog

And if you look at the facial structure of this pit bull you can see a lot of similarities with your pups face with the ear style and shorter more squarish muzzle than a GSD has. It would also explain the shorter fur length: Chance the Pit Bull | Dogs | Daily Puppy

·
Registered
22,639 Posts

·
Registered
22,639 Posts

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts