Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. I found this puppy couple of monthes ago just on the street in horrible condition( this is the way she looked:

now she is 3 month old and she's obviously kind of shefferd mix. to me she looks rather belgium malinois ( she is slim and tall) than german shefferd. what do you think??

·
Registered
951 Posts
The structural clues of Mal vs GSD aren't going to help much here. The other side is influencing to a degree that you'd not ell them.

Often times coat can be a bit simpler to get your clues from. Looks more GSD to me in coloration, although the black mask being just the tip of the muzzle and the saddle/blanket being very light, it's clear the genes from the non-shepherd side are playing a big part.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
She's still a little young to be more certain (her feature may change and a breed or more may become more noticible as she grows). Very cute though and deffinitly a shepherd mix. Her ears and muzzle are a little more malinois shaped but that could also be from the other breed(s) she's mixed with. Maybe as she gets older it will be easier to tell.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I would say Shepherd X yes, but pretty and healthy is more important! Good job!

Reactions: luvdanes

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I have to say she looks mostly German Shepherd to me. She's not a purebred though. What country do you live in? I have to say that I think she might be a German Shepherd crossed with a sighthound like a Greyhound or that type of street dog. That would account for her slimmer build. Malinois is possible but German Shepherds are much more common. She's beautiful!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i live in ukraine. in kyiv. malinois and GS dogs are spreaded widely. i know she is not a pure breed. doesnt metter really) it's just interesting to watch how she grows and changes. and the older she gets the more breed comes to her look)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm sorry, but i used photos from free wall paper storege or smth like that) just to compare.. i didnt delete their water marks or pretend they are mine) i dont use this photoes for my book or article to illustrate. anyways i can use just link for those photos no problem. is that better?

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
the coloration of your dog seems to indicate blanket/saddle coloration in it's background. That makes me thing GSD is more likely than Mal

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.