Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to dog ownership. We’ve had our rescue terrier mix for almost two months now. As you can see, she’s a
scruffy girl, so I’m fine keeping it longer in the New England winter months (I did have her neck trimmed a bit so her collar wouldn’t tangle so much)
ANYWAYS: Her hair feels coarse and thick. In scouring Google, it looks like she has body hair much like an Irish Terrier (but her face looks Norwich or Cairn). Would it looks ridiculous to trim/clip her hair shorter for hot summer months? Does she need a specific method to “clean.-up?” I know some terriers have to be hand stripped.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Hard to say - she is super cute though. Why not call into a grooming salon with her to get some advice?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to say - she is super cute though. Why not call into a grooming salon with her to get some advice?
Thank you, yes- We tell her all the time she’s the prettiest girl. Lol. I’ll look into it. I do LOVE the Furminator brush, that helps a lot (she loves it too, just lays right down when we show it to her)!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts