Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

New to Dog Forum and I was just wondering if any of you could help me figure out what kind of dog breed my 10 month old puppy is. My Husband and I rescued him when he was 2 months old, some guy just threw him out of his truck. :( And we have been trying to figure out what the heck he is! We've narrowed it down to maybe a pointer mix? He has smaller ears than a pointer and loose skin around his neck and face, has a widows peek and is 40lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Oh my gosh! What a cutie! His face & head have me thinking he might have some Shar Pei in him, especially in the second picture. That would also explain the looser skin around his neck. I see some Beagle, too, or something similar.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The wrinkles on the forehead do remind me of those dawned by the Shar-Pei... May be some Shar-Pei and Beagle or foxhound/harrier etc?? What are some of the most common breeds found in your area?? That could maybe give you a rough idea...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Can we get a good side standing view of the pup? I think it would help us out a lot more. Oh and a side profile shot too. He his adorable makes me want to gobble him up.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
He's most definitely mostly some sort of hound, and his muzzle/skull shape and extra skin look like some Shar-Pei too. But I would bet on hound breeds.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Def some kind of hound. I'm sorry we can't tell you which breed of hound. The and I have to agree. Maybe beagle shar pei mix?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So shar pei/some sort of hound it is! Haha. I too though he had some shar pei in him at first, but wasn't sure because I didn't think he had enough wrinkles. But it makes sense now because of his skull shape and muzzle as some of you have mentioned. He is the most friendly, energetic and charismatic dog I've ever had. And he has to literally smell EVERYTHING. It's the hound in him. Haha.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It looks like Chubby, a lab/sharpei mix. But he's 35lbs at 3 1/2 months. At 10 months I'm sure he'll be way over 40lbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts