Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our first dog. Well my hubby and I had dogs 19 years ago but since having kids this is our first dog. We decided to adopt from the shelter and got a "lab mix". She really seems different than a lot of labs. Her hair is short and wiry and her color is different. Vet says she is about 8-9 months old. Wonder if anyone has any thoughts on what she might be mixed with? We have a rabbit and we are hoping she will do okay with the rabbit. For now we are keeping them separate.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
How cute, I deffinitly would say a lab mix. Maybe something shepherd and or bully. Possibly a multi generational mix.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Any dog can have a prey drive, and it is possible that you may have to keep your rabbit separate all the time. I would never leave a rabbit alone with a dog just the same way that I would not leave a small child alone with a dog, the dog may in complete innocence jump on the rabbit or play in a way that while she means it as play is just too rough.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any dog can have a prey drive, and it is possible that you may have to keep your rabbit separate all the time. I would never leave a rabbit alone with a dog just the same way that I would not leave a small child alone with a dog, the dog may in complete innocence jump on the rabbit or play in a way that while she means it as play is just too rough.
Oh yeah we don't plan to leave them alone together. Just hoping she won't go crazy every time she sees the rabbit. So far, she has no interest in the rabbit in the cage even though she can go right up to it.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
If she has no interest in the rabbit that's a really good sign. A dog that wanted to eat the rabbit wouldn't leave the cage, would stare at it and possibly try to break it opened.

She does look like a heinz 57 mix. Could be anything! She's very cute. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts