Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, we are fostering this puppy from a rescue and are thinking of keeping him. However, there are a few breeds we don't really want (namely terriers or pit bulls). I'm curious what you think this breed is just looking at him. Also, do you have any recommendations on how to find out what he is?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157660613833287

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I was like you in thinking terriers were not my kind of breed. (They hyper energy I felt I couldn't provide enough activity with my current life style). Then I fostered a rat terrier mix and he has been an amazing dog for a terrier. He is mostly ratter according to his DNA.

I read up on ratters and I found out they adjust their energy to the family and kuma my failed foster, matches that trait. I am not very active, my idea of exercise was an hour walk. That's it.

Because of kuma I might end up with another rat terrier later on.

As for what ur puppy looks like as others have said, its hard to tell from that age. I would def say lab mix.(the puppy looks like a lot of labs here in the remote bush of Alaska.). As for what? I can't tell you. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
:(

It would take a lot of convincing for me to own a terrier! Although my next dog may be a pit bull I haven't yet decided

As for the breed of this dog, I see a lot of lab!
I wouldn't take some kinds of terrier, because they'd be too much dog for the boring me, but other I'd take, if i learned to know the individual dog...there are sooo many different kinds of terriers, that there's probably one for almost everyone. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.