Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
difficult to say...perhaps a herding breed x Labrador mix?

Why no terriers? they can be great dogs!

·
Registered
989 Posts
:(
difficult to say...perhaps a herding breed x Labrador mix?

Why no terriers? they can be great dogs!
It would take a lot of convincing for me to own a terrier! Although my next dog may be a pit bull I haven't yet decided

As for the breed of this dog, I see a lot of lab!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I was like you in thinking terriers were not my kind of breed. (They hyper energy I felt I couldn't provide enough activity with my current life style). Then I fostered a rat terrier mix and he has been an amazing dog for a terrier. He is mostly ratter according to his DNA.

I read up on ratters and I found out they adjust their energy to the family and kuma my failed foster, matches that trait. I am not very active, my idea of exercise was an hour walk. That's it.

Because of kuma I might end up with another rat terrier later on.

As for what ur puppy looks like as others have said, its hard to tell from that age. I would def say lab mix.(the puppy looks like a lot of labs here in the remote bush of Alaska.). As for what? I can't tell you. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
:(

It would take a lot of convincing for me to own a terrier! Although my next dog may be a pit bull I haven't yet decided

As for the breed of this dog, I see a lot of lab!
I wouldn't take some kinds of terrier, because they'd be too much dog for the boring me, but other I'd take, if i learned to know the individual dog...there are sooo many different kinds of terriers, that there's probably one for almost everyone. :)

Reactions: TruckersMom
1 - 5 of 5 Posts