Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
The femur bones appear to be crooked and asymmetrical, but I don’t know if that’s just poor positioning. I’m more used to seeing x rays of the pelvis with extended legs while this appears to be compressed or distracted (can’t really tell them apart) Ventrodorsal radiographs.

I would guess on some degree of hip dysplasia, more prominent on the right side (left side in the picture).

But I have very little- to no experience of looking at x rays so I’m really curious to what’s really wrong.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got them done a few yrs ago for jesses (male dog) hip dysplasic progress and took a long battle with the vet to finaly see xrays. Roughly 6 months later after a long drawn out argument over phone with receptionist over having paid and not recieving any viewing or discussion of the updated outcome i recieved these by email with nothing noted. Ive been made aware there not jesses due to the fact there missing important male part.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I got them done a few yrs ago for jesses (male dog) hip dysplasic progress and took a long battle with the vet to finaly see xrays. Roughly 6 months later after a long drawn out argument over phone with receptionist over having paid and not recieving any viewing or discussion of the updated outcome i recieved these by email with nothing noted. Ive been made aware there not jesses due to the fact there missing important male part.
Oh that’s just unacceptable.. How is it, for the second x-ray it feels like the genitalia doesn’t usually always show up. But for the first x-ray it seems more likely since the intestines also show up.

What was the result from his real x-rays? Like I said I think it’s a very weird position and when doing a normal routine hd x ray you usually extend the legs. I don’t know if you use to take x rays in other positions as wellut if these were the only pictures sent to you that seems weird to me.

Was it someone qualified that confirmed them to be incorrect? Like another vet? Have you reported the vet that executed the x-ray? If you’re really sure of this you should report the vet or at least confront them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These were the only ones i recieved.. I havnt shown them to other vets cause they all stick up for each other. Doing lots of google images for first photo and answers from the other forum aswell it comfirms there female. Its the same vet who diagnosed him with hd when he was 1. He did the pennhip xrays so he knows how to properly. Ive discussed the falling out we had elswhere on forum.
On a side note i did also get an oral punch biopsy done at the same time he was meant to have xrays. I also only recieved those results with the female xrays. I had that done after a mobile vet said jesse has pemphigus vulgaris. I have no clue what the results were as it was all in medical terms i didnt understand.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ps i forgot to mention aswell as asking for the hip update xray i also asked for xray of the whole spine to check for athritic changes as jesse has scoliosis awell. Apart from being female it also is not an xray of a whole spine. Yes everything was paid in advance

·
Registered
594 Posts
Seriously no one else furious over my treatment
It is dispicable and fraudulent. Sadly unless youre prepared to get into a long drawn out legal battle I dont think theres a lot you can do..
Maybe write to the vet licencing board? or your local trade council try to get them investigated..

Sorry, I do know I was ripped off for thousands when Max was sick , and the vet is still in practice.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is dispicable and fraudulent. Sadly unless youre prepared to get into a long drawn out legal battle I dont think theres a lot you can do..
Maybe write to the vet licencing board? or your local trade council try to get them investigated..

Sorry, I do know I was ripped off for thousands when Max was sick , and the vet is still in practice.
Sorry to hear about you and max

1 - 11 of 11 Posts