Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drove 2 hours to pick up a puppy. Got there, it's like a puppy mill (outside) there are puppies running everywhere. Paid for my dog and left very quickly.. I get home and my puppy has strange red tail, hair loss, and red toes.. Pics will be posted if allowed. I'm sure this topic has already been discussed, I am sorry if it has. Any other questions please feel free to ask if it will help her

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
You'll need to post pics. Let us know if you need help posting them.

From the conditions you describe it could be any number of things, and you should really get the puppy to the vet ASAP.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is a situation where the authorities have to be notified......get your dog to a vet immediately......

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Go to the vet. A dog from a mill situation could be very, very sick. Not only from being kept in unhygienic conditions and poor nutrition, but also from genetic diseases.

I'd suggest applying for care credit if you have any money concerns at all....It's not going to be cheap to treat and keep this dog healthy.

·
Registered
455 Posts
He needs to get to a vet. Coming from a puppy mill there could be something very seriously wrong w him. It could honestly be something more minor though. They probably won't want to give him his shots yet in this state, but he does need to go to the vet for those too.
I second applying for care credit to make the potentially large vet bills easier on you, though you may not necessarily need it, you might.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You'll need to post pics. Let us know if you need help posting them.

From the conditions you describe it could be any number of things, and you should really get the puppy to the vet ASAP.
I'm taking her to the vet soon. I paid a lot of money for her.. So was trying to wait until Monday whenever I get paid again. I know "that's the cost of having animals" I'm not complaining at all I swear. I just don't have the money, THIS week. I paid over 300 dollars for her. I am unsure how to post a picture.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
The puppy could be dead by Monday. You should really take the puppy to the vet and ask about care credit...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The puppy could be dead by Monday. You should really take the puppy to the vet and ask about care credit...
Okay. I am calling vets now. She's not showing any signs of being sick. She's as happy as can be. But i will make sure they schedule me in soon and ask about care credit.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
Do you have any other animals in the house? If so, separate them until she see's the vet. How old is your pup? Did you get any sort of paperwork with her at all? Depending on the contract you signed and what the vet says, I'd try to get money back for her to put towards vet bills.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hope all will be well........:)

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I'm taking her to the vet soon. I paid a lot of money for her.. So was trying to wait until Monday whenever I get paid again. I know "that's the cost of having animals" I'm not complaining at all I swear. I just don't have the money, THIS week. I paid over 300 dollars for her. I am unsure how to post a picture.
Posted via Mobile Device

I do know about it being better financially to wait and that no one gets a puppy thinking that they'll need to get it to the vet the same week. It really would be best to get it to the vet within the next couple of days. If there's simply no way to do so then please keep her separated from other dogs and puppies, and wash your hands good after handling her.

There's two ways you can post pictures, you can host the picture at somewhere like Photobucket and then copy the code into your post.
The other way is to use attach files. To do that you'll need to click Go Advanced under the post box. Then scroll down till you see Manage Attachments, click that and it'll bring up another window. In the new box you'll see Upload and Browse, clicking browse will let you go to the pictures you have on your computer, click the picture you want then click open (at least that's what I do with Firefox). Go back to the manage attachments window and click upload and it'll upload the picture to your post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vet appointment made for 11:30 tomorrow morning. I will keep you all updated. Thank you! I did not get any paperwork with her. Just wanted her out of that place.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes please keep us updated! So many people don't. Definitely w the hair loss you want to keep her quarantined from any other pets and wash your hands thoroughly after touching her.
Don't forget to ask about puppy shots and flea/tick control + heartworm prevention.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Hope her appointment went well and everything is ok.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts