Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a french bulldog 2 years old. 2 days ago i noticed a lesion of the paw. a vet told me that it might be just a cut+swelling but i don't see any cut. it looks to me like an infection. the dog doesn't lick his paw and doesn't seem to be affected by it.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
i have a french bulldog 2 years old. 2 days ago i noticed a lesion of the paw. a vet told me that it might be just a cut+swelling but i don't see any cut. it looks to me like an infection. the dog doesn't lick his paw and doesn't seem to be affected by it.
Is that between the toes? My moms boxer gets them alot from getting thorns in his skin and its a slight infection, his have always gone away on their own. If your vet decided not to treat it give it about a week and if it doesn't at least go down in swelling then let your vet know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes,it it between the toes.i just saw that the surface of the lesion has a very thin layer of something like pus or a liquid. and the lesion bleeds quite easly when pressed.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
What about a hydrocortizon cream for the inflamation?

Also-aren't bulldogs prone to toe fungus...I thought I read that somewhere...
Here!
Bulldog Health

Interdigital Cysts: Red lumps that appear between the toes on the front feet, causes include inverted hair follicles, grass seeds or cutting very long toe nails and altering the pressure put on the toes. There is very little that can be done to prevent interdigital cysts but you can help alleviate them by soaking the dogs feet in a solution of Epsom Salts and cooled kettle water, dry thoroughly and apply MSM Cream between each toe. A short course of anti biotics may help in the short term. If your dog will allow it squeeze out anything that is ready to burst prior to soaking the feet in the salt solution

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its been several days since the lesion appeared. its still swollen but doesn't have the same red colour, the pus dissapeared and the evolution stopped, but it is not healing. the dog doesn't the to mind it.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Hi bisisica-Thanks for the update ;)

Since it's not going away, why don't you phone your vet and see if they want to see him or can give you some advice over the phone? It could be something that needs treatment, or it could be nothing. But if it does need treatment-waiting generally makes treatment more complicated and expensive.

Keep us posted! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
i use to soak my yorkies paws in tea tree oil. you need to dilute it, one drop to 2 cups of warm water . or when you wash your dogs. put some water in the tub so they are standing in water also, to this water add one drop of tea tree. mix around with your hand. i keep hearing others say tea tree is bad for dogs, but i think people are using it straight on thier dogs and using not pure tea tree. maybe a cheaper version from drug stores with added items in it? but i used tea tree for 18 years on a weekly basis for my yorkies ears to clean and feet. with ears i added it to witch hazel. cats can't have tea tree at all. realize this thread is old, but paw issues pop up all the time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My dad's pitbull used to get those kinds of blister like lumps in between her paws. We took her to the vet for them and they told us to try switching her food to a hypoallergenic one. Her bumps went away with the new food and antihistamines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts