Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the last couple of days i noticed this weird bump on my puppy. he had gotten it one other time but it went down and nothing major happened. This morning I noticed the bump was bigger. The lump is kind of hard to the touch and red with some white kind of puss lookin center.. should i be concerned and take him to an emergency vet. I am already planing to see a vet this coming saturday but it is still days away..

He is a 4 month pitbull. he has not had any changes aside from the lump. he is still eating normal, being playful, staying hydrated.

has anyone’s dogs had this before ?? is there a home treatment i can do or just wait it off for it to go away on it’s own or just simply take him to the vet either ASAP or wait until Saturday.
Leg Neck Jaw Ear Grey

·
Super Moderator
6,090 Posts
With things like this, I do with my dog as I'd do with myself - I don't rush to the doctor with every lump so I don't rush to the vet. If it doesn't get better over about a week, that's when I'd get an expert opinion.

It could be any of a number of things, like a sting, bite or spot - hopefully nothing more serious. So I'd probably wait for Saturday unless there is a significant change - it might even go down by then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts