Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are most harnesses you try too hard to take ON/OFF?

I'm looking for a harness for my golden retriever, but I don't know what to choose. I feel like I need an emotional reason to buy one.

What reasoning did you give yourself the last time you bought a harness?

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
I use a Y fronted harness, the H fronted ones restrict shoulder movement.

The one I like comes in three separate parts which are bought separately to get a perfect fit.

And using a harness rather than a collar reduces the risk of trachea damage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a Y fronted harness, the H fronted ones restrict shoulder movement.

The one I like comes in three separate parts which are bought separately to get a perfect fit.

And using a harness rather than a collar reduces the risk of trachea damage.
Hey, Joanne thanks for replying!

What do you mean by a Y and an H shape harness?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 28 lbs dog wears the Ruffwear Hi and Light. She only wears it on walks and we mainly only do daily walks in our neighborhood, not much hiking or intense outdoor activity. She's been wearing it for about a year now and we're both happy with it. My main concern when selecting the harness was that it was comfortable for my dog, but I also wanted something that was quick and easy to take on and off, had overall good reviews everywhere online, and didn't break the bank. Most harnesses sit right up against her armpits and rub them raw. This harness doesn't get near her armpits. She also pulls a lot and I was concerned about her throat. This harness doesn't pull on her throat at all and in fact I've noticed that she doesn't pull as much when she's wearing it. She readily puts it on every time and it only takes about 2 seconds to take on and off. Our walks have definitely improved. I originally purchased a different harness from Ruffwear and it was a bit too padded/stiff for her comfort.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We use a harness on our Siberian Husky exclusively. We chose the blueberry one because it's easy to put on, they look really nice and they don't pull on his throat.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I just bought a Ruffwear Flagline harness for my dog. I wanted something with a handle as he just had knee surgery and I needed to be able to lift him in some situations instead of having him jump. I also wanted something he could wear for an extended period without being uncomfortable, and especially with a handle, I didn't want the handle to be big, bulky, or hard so he could still lay on his back and not be hindered.

I really like it; it's made well and was awesome to have while he was recovering. It also has three clips so no chance of backing out. I plan to get one for my other dog this fall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts