Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't speak English, and I had been searching videos of dogs frolicking by doing a kind of corkscrew spiral galloping.

Specially puppies do it. They advance by jumping, but also spiraling at the same time. Adults also do it when playing or happy.

I had seen german shepherds and collies doing that.

I wanted to find videos on youtube, but failed because have no clue about what are the keywords.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Its hard to now exactly without seeing a video of it, I also don't think ive ever seen it in person, is it something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPjU9r12X2k
If its what I'm thinking it is, then I don't think theres a name for it, I think its just a odd quirk some dogs do. I could be wrong, maybe some one else will know.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
That's the other option I was thinking the op ment. I agree with Kyllobernese, its probably either zoomies or just a odd quirk some dogs have depending if the video is similar to what you are talking about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its hard to now exactly without seeing a video of it, I also don't think ive ever seen it in person, is it something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPjU9r12X2k
If its what I'm thinking it is, then I don't think theres a name for it, I think its just a odd quirk some dogs do. I could be wrong, maybe some one else will know.
Ha ha ha. No, is not that.

And i don't think that is something rare. Is something most dogs do when playful (at least those breeds I mentioned).

Imagine a dog advancing forward by a series of small hopping, like any puppy does, and add a circular movement to the head, so the head makes a spiral forward.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I don't speak English, and I had been searching videos of dogs frolicking by doing a kind of corkscrew spiral galloping.

Specially puppies do it. They advance by jumping, but also spiraling at the same time. Adults also do it when playing or happy.

I had seen german shepherds and collies doing that.

I wanted to find videos on youtube, but failed because have no clue about what are the keywords.
Below is a link to my dog, HaHa. Is this what you are thinking of?
I gave the video a weird title because I had a dog named Jaya and I had just adopted the dog in the video that is spinning. HaHa does those kinds of spins a lot...he's also slightly mentally handicapped. In English, I don't think there's really an exact term for that kind of play...words like "spinning", "spiral", "looping" or "twirling" jumps are the words that come to my mind.

Here's HaHa making loops around the yard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2PI9RhK2WE

---------------
Stormy

Reactions: Doppelganger0337

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Is there a word for it in the language you speak? Maybe that would help us.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Is there a word for it in the language you speak? Maybe that would help us.
I kind of smiled a little when thinking more about that description.
If it were a human, doing that, I think the English term "High" might fit the bill. :p ;)

----------
Stormy

Reactions: Doppelganger0337

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Below is a link to my dog, HaHa. Is this what you are thinking of?
I gave the video a weird title because I had a dog named Jaya and I had just adopted the dog in the video that is spinning. HaHa does those kinds of spins a lot...he's also slightly mentally handicapped. In English, I don't think there's really an exact term for that kind of play...words like "spinning", "spiral", "looping" or "twirling" jumps are the words that come to my mind.

Here's HaHa making loops around the yard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2PI9RhK2WE

---------------
Stormy
Nice.

I don't meant spinning around a vertical axis.

I meant the dog doing small jumps, like the galloping in your video between 0:05 and 0:07, and at the same time, the head makes a spiral forward, and the body tends to follow the hear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts