Dog Forum banner

What is the chance my dog would die after having a tumor removed?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  animalcraker 
#1 ·
I took my dog to the vet today and the vet said she has a mast tumor. I am afraid that something might go horribly wrong during her surgery, or even after. She is an aggressive dog. Both times we went to the vet, she growled at anyone who went near us. I even had to put a muzzle on her. I'm afraid that when she wakes up or even before her surgery, she might attack the surgeon and somehow run out. I didn't get the surgery for her today because I am scared for her, not because of the cost which is: $395. Any words of encouragement?

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Is $397 expensive to remove the tumor? I was asking my dad if he can take me on Tuesday so I can schedule her surgery and then my aunt commented that the cost was too expensive and that "she's mean anyways". Was she suggesting I just let my dog die? I cried after hearing that comment. Ugh. I'm 23 years old and shouldn't be crying like that. Anyways, I'm scared that after the surgery, she might die and my aunt would be all like,"I told you it was a waste."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.