Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting my cousin's dog(see My cousin's Dog in Dog Pictures) a toy. As you can see from the photos he is kept outside on a chain 24h a day and he has no stimulation. He is 1 year and 3 months old so I don't know what toy to get him. The floor is either dusty (when weather is warm) or muddy(after rain), so I don't think a Kong is a good idea but I will take your advise...

Please Help!!!
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Dober-my new Dog Forum nickname!:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Orka makes some puppy toys but they can also have bigger ones that are very tuff and durable and can be left outside... They are a light blue color... Pretty crappy for him to leave him out on a chain all day everyday..... um Kong came out with a new Kong toy that also may be better for that type of environment... they are long tube type shaped toys instead of the kong shape

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'd try to get him off the chain 24h a day..
That might be better than any toy you could come up with.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes, first get him off the chain, then start with chopped, pressed rawhide, treat balls and, edible nylabones or similar things and, a rag bone you can interact playing fetch, chase it or tug o war with. Get the interaction going, get him looking forward to spending time with you. It will make training easier.

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
Yeah but the floor....
Won't the dust do any damage to his lungs?
He lives outside, in dust, 24/7. Nothing you do or give him is going to make that any worse...

I agree with getting him off that chain.

But otherwise, agree with some nice bedding and bone, maybe a marrow bone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts