Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
How old? And what did your friend say it might be? Do you guys not know what either of the parents are? Coat looks a little too plush and ears look a little too small to be a GSD. GSDs are also supposed to have minimal white, and your cutie looks like they have some white markings.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have to agree with jacyj19 on this.

It's hard to truely guess what a puppie's breed is when they are younger then 6 months old because puppies change a lot especially if they are mixed with multiple breeds.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
They told me she might be black german shepherd long hair!! And i don't know the parents breeds
Not with the white markings. And that fur is really plush, and the ears are really small for a GSD.

I would guess some kind of doodle (poodle mix), with that fur and those ears. It's hard to say on really young puppies.

He's very cute!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
While like the others we can't give a really sure answer, I can tell you that for sure this puppy isn't a pure German Shepherd of any color. She might very well have German Shepherd in her, but there's something else in there too. Something with very small ears! She's very cute.

·
Registered
562 Posts
How old is your puppy? I've attached two pictures of my CKC registered black German Shepherd. She is a shorter coat though, not a long hair.

The first photo she is ten weeks old, and in the second 13-15 weeks.

Now, when Echo was super super young she looked like a little fluff ball. And her ears weren't erect yet. So depending on how old your puppy is could tell us a lot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
@laceyj19 Oh my gosh, Echo is SO big already!!!

I don't really see Shepherd, the white markings are a big no, and her fur almost looks curly. She may have some Shepherd, but definitely not exclusively. She is ADORABLE though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts