Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had adapted my dog 8 months ago, @ age of 2 years. I was told by the ASPCA that is is a mix of Rhodesian Ridgeback & German shepherd.

Looking at dogs breeds on the web, it seems to me she is a Black Mouth Cur.

Here are some pictures. I hope someone can assist me with this since Dof DNA tests do not cover Cur breed at present time.

Thank you,
Shmuel

Attachments

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
She does look a lot like the ridgebacks I've seen. Very cute!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in the west coast.

The think is that my dog looks almost identical to the many black mouth cur dogs, whose pictures are on the web.

When looking at Ridgebacks' pictures, one needs to use imagination to find commonalities.

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
I would say Black mouthed Cur mix (possibly lab) a Ridge/Shepard mix. Most of the Ridge mixes I have seen kept the telltale ridge on their back. But that is just the ones I have seen.

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
Classic ridgeback

Standard Cur

Good rep of a Yellow Lab

If she is a Lab/Cur mix you have a good combo for a well rounded hunting dog. I know a few guys that use that blend for Water dogs. Allthough, on the new pics you posted she is holding her ears like a Boxer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Its face looks like a puggle! :D Sorry for referring as an it, I forgot the gender :/
I doubt it had puggle though. I think shepherd cur mix, doesnt look much like a ridgeback unless one of the parents was a ridgeback mix, and the other was a GSD.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.