Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Poodle had a surgery 2 months ago to remove 3 bladder stone which is as big as 5cm. Vet suggested that she should be permanently on Science diet vet formula to prevent formation of new stone as the food helps to dissolve the stone as well. But i read the ingredient which contain of chicken by products which is not very good for their health and would want to switch to better brand like acana or merrick for her but afraid that the kidney stone might come back.
ANYONE COULD GIVE ANY CORRECT INFORMATION which food can i switch to ?

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
Which type of stone?

What mineral were the stones made of?

Canine Kidney Stone and Bladder Stone Prevention | Whole Dog ...
https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/.../Detecting-Urinary-Stones-Dogs_16215-1.html
Don't expect a low-protein diet to cure or prevent struvite stones. - Learn how to test your dog's pH to check for recurring urinary tract infections. Humans aren't ...

3 Ways to Prevent Kidney Stones in Dogs - wikiHow
wikiHow - How to do anything › ... › Dogs › Canine Health › Dog Urinary System Health
Rating: 95% - ‎132 votes
Mar 13, 2017 -
Kidney stones may also be caused by urinary tract infections (UTIs), kidney infections, medications, age, diet or because of the breed of dog. They are also known as nephrolithiasis or uroliths which mean calculi or stones in the kidney or urinary tract respectively.

Diet for a Dog with Struvite Crystals and Kidney Stones
www.onlynaturalpet.com/.../kidney.../diet-for-a-dog-with-struvite-crystals-and-kidney...
Answer:
Yes, you have alternatives to feeding Hill's Prescription Diet C/d to your dog. First, if you are feeding C/d for struvite crystals and stones, you might just confirm that they are gone with a urinalysis, xrays, and/or ultrasound of the kidneys and urinary bladder.

Kidney Stones in Dogs: What You Need to Know - Pet Health Network
www.pethealthnetwork.com/dog-health/dog-diseases...a-z/kidney-stones-dogs
Since kidney stones don't seem to cause dogs as much pain as they do for ... want to treat conservatively, with a combination of antibiotics, diet, and plenty of ...

All About Oxalate Bladder & Kidney Stones In Your Dog And How ...
All About Oxalate Bladder And Kidney Stones In Your Dog And How To Manage Them
Jump to Will My Dog Need A Special Diet From Now On? -
But dogs that have had an episode of calcium oxalate bladder or kidney stones have ...
‎The Importance Of Water ... · ‎Urine pH · ‎Monitor RSS · ‎Are There Medications That .

Kidney Stones in Dogs | petMD
Pet Health & Nutrition Information & Questions | Vet Approved Diagnosis And Treatment | petMD › Dog Conditions
Many dogs with kidney stones have no apparent signs; that is, the ... levels of calcium in the urine and blood, diets that produce high (alkaline) urine pH, and ...

U need to know the mineral composition; tracking yer dog's urinary pH is also important.

- terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts