Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I've been noticing how my coworker's corgi has a personality similar to hers - small but mighty. That got me thinking :ponder: what breed would match my personality? After a TON of research, I finally compiled a list based on the Myers-Briggs personality types.
https://www.petdoors.com/blog/dog-breed-mbti-personality/

What do you guys think? Does your dog have a similar personality to you or your family members? If not, what breed do you think represents you the best? :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi Petdoorgal

I've had loads of dogs over the years, and I'm embarrassed to admit that most of them were far more sensible and well behaved than I am. I have one now (Bonzo) who is probably very similar to me, stupid, bouncy, always getting in the way and making a prat of herself. She doesn't have a nasty bone in her body, but most people only like her from a distance, she makes you feel exhausted, but I think she's great. I've had her for 6 years but it was only when I read your post that I realized why I feel such an affinity with her, it's because she's so misunderstood lol.

Lynsey

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am a russian terrier haha
Well it matches a lot, considering that I have adhd but am calm most of the time. I would never adopt a dog that is as demanding as I am. Or would I? Actually, it could be a good match if I think about it. I am easily bored, so would be the dog. We could just go full level retard :O
The dog that I plan to adopt is a little bit like that. He loves mental stimulation and is very hyper. I thought I would be annoyed after a while but I am not. It is a lot of fun having him around.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My favorite breed - and of which I currently have 2 - American Pit Bull Terrier. Very affectionate and always loyal but can often be a bit of an ass. Several months back for some reason 2 members were irking the heck out of me and a moderator politely told me I was being snarky and the moderator was being kind (I was being worse than snarky). I am a lawyer and litigator to boot and sometimes I fail to keep that aggressiveness - such an asset at work - turned down to the proper levels outside of work. I have gotten much better over the years but still need to be put in place from time from time and it certainly doesn't hurt my feelings.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Well, I got Black Russian Terrier: Virtuoso. (Did I spell that right? ) However, I think of myself as more of a poodle. My mini goldendoodle and I are quite similar at times. I'm just a touch more unstable. Hence the poodle. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts