Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Australian Cattle dog named Rue. I have noticed he likes to roll in dusty places in the yard and it makes me wonder why some pets will roll in some substances and not others. Likewise, some breeds will roll in a substance but not another breed.

Anyone care to comment on what his/her dog likes to roll in? Substances or odors? Please also state which breed the dog is if you wish.
Thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a miniature pinscher.She LOVES to roll in her kills after she done with them or anything that stinks or has an unusual smell.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Sand at the beach and...chicken poop LOL

Reactions: texasgal

·
Registered
95 Posts
My dog is a Lab mix and he likes to roll in anything and everything. if it's hot out and we're at the dog park he'll run over to the marsh area and roll around in the mud. he also has a very high prey drive, so if he catches a funky scent he'll roll around in it. he did this last week. he threw himself on the grass and started rolling around on his back. when we got home I was leaning down to hug him when I was smacked in the face with an unbelievable stench. it kinda smelled like urine and dead rodent all rolled into one. I wiped him down with a wet paper towel and the my wife ended up bathing him the next day.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
the SNOW!

He rolls in the front yard (grass) every single morning of his life, first things before he pees... lol He will do a big long stretch and then "plop" onto his back and roll around while making "arr rar rar, sneeze sneeze, rrr arrrr rar rar" noises.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Oh, let's see, between the five dogs: sheets/pillows, dirty laundry, horse manure, cow manure, worms, frogs, lawn clippings, dead animals, snow... that's a good starter. I'll admit it, there has been a dirty diaper incident--YUCK.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Chicken litter, chicken poo, dead lizards, dead mice, deer poo, skunk poo, dead frogs................

I have bassets, they roll in every type of poo they find :headshake:

Reactions: texasgal

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
My dogs LOVE to roll in the grass...Chloe likes to roll in babies.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
...doesn't everyone?
Hahaha!

Kasper likes to roll in snow, grass/dry leaves if he's wet, fox poo (which of course he also eats)...and ANYTHING smelly and dead; this has included but is by no way limited to a dried dead frog, a rotten birds' egg, a birds' leg, a rabbit, and a sprat :rolleyes:

He's a Border Collie x Springer Spaniel, and amazingly we've only had to bath him twice - he swims a lot!! :D

Red

·
Premium Member
10,779 Posts
Shadow is a terrier mix and he used to love to roll in the grass. He'd get such a blissful look on his face as he rolled around on his back that I was tempted to join him just to see what all the fuss was about. He also loves to come in from his walk or just after being outside for awhile and rub back and forth along the front of the couch, it's not really a problem unless it was raining while he was out.

When I had Jersey she was my problem child. She'd roll in water or mud puddles, the creek, the grass, anything that was dead and smelly. When we lived in a city she rolled in paint one time, and made a really good attempt to roll where a sewer clean-up was over flowing but I spotted it before she did and shortened the leash lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I had Jersey she was my problem child. She'd roll in water or mud puddles, the creek, the grass, anything that was dead and smelly. When we lived in a city she rolled in paint one time, and made a really good attempt to roll where a sewer clean-up was over flowing but I spotted it before she did and shortened the leash lol.
What kind of dog was Jersey?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Luke loves to roll in the grass at the park but he will sniff the entire area first and make sure it's clean before he does. At least, that's what I think he's doing. He won't do it in a dirty area. Never rolled in anything gross thank god.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.