Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help! Due to COVID19 it’s hard to get my dog into the vet right now. My dog has this bump on the right side of his body. The bump is skin coloured, however there is something on top of it that feels like a scab. When I took a close up picture it almost looks like a mole on top. The bump is small; smaller than the size of a pea, the bump is also hard, he does not seem to have pain when I touch it. I will be taking him to the vet when I’m able to get an appointment. Any ideas ? He’s a Dutch shepherd; 4 years of age, male, and neutered. Thanks! Picture provided. It has grown in size from when we first noticed it.
9C25D8E5-3C77-4D7A-9356-299A7C8E94DD.jpeg
PS it is not a tick. The picture was taken close up so the “mole” looks bigger in the picture.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,649 Posts
Probably best to get your vet to see it. Lumps and bumps could be nothing but on the other hand can be serious. But as you have noticed it getting bigger, a vet should see it.

In the UK, vets are now taking appointments with social distancing. We wait in the car park, they come out and collect the pet and bring it back after treatment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably best to get your vet to see it. Lumps and bumps could be nothing but on the other hand can be serious. But as you have noticed it getting bigger, a vet should see it.

In the UK, vets are now taking appointments with social distancing. We wait in the car park, they come out and collect the pet and bring it back after treatment.
Thank you! Yes I’m waiting to get into my vet. I live in Canada, Ontario. Things are just starting to open up, the vet is doing the same but it’s so backed up right now. But yes we will for sure be getting our vet to check him out. Thanks for the reply. :)

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Just took two of my shihtzu boarders to the vet for what looks like the same bump; Look up schnauzer bumps online. Sometimes cysts, sometimes warts or other;

1 - 5 of 5 Posts