Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there- We have a cute 12 week old schnoodle. We also have a very sweet 8 year old golden doodle. It seems that I have forgotten everything with this new puppy! I worked with the first one and am home now with both of them all day. Dudley, our oldest, is easy and calm. He is a great dog. This puppy is great too but Buster is a puppy, full of energy and enthusiasm.

Can someone remind me what a day in the life looks like? (with a new puppy)

Buster and Dudley go to bed at 10 (Buster is crated). They get up at 7. I am grateful for the full nights' sleep, for sure!

I would love some feedback on the day's schedule.

7 am up. out to pee/poop
7:15 breakfast (15 mins) and out and playing. free but under a lot of supervision.
8:30 back in crate for a nap. 2 hours.
10:30 up and play. Some training occurs during this time slot. Constant vigilance. 11:45 Lunch. (for 15 mins). During this time we go outside about every 30 mins. Dudley uses the bells to tell us to go out so we hope that Buster will learn this too! I don't get much done during this time that he's awake because we really have to watch him.
1:00 back in crate for a nap.
4:00 or 4:30 (ish) up and out to pee/ poop. Play. Some training. Dinner at 5. (15 mins).

Buster sits quietly in his play pen while we cook and eat dinner, so he rests in there. Sort of sleeping, sort of dozing. He stays out and with us until bed time. Outside a lot for peeing and pooping.

Should Buster be in the crate more than this? When I worked, Dudley was in the crate much more than this!

any feedback is welcome! thank you!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
As he spends quite a few happy hours in the crate at night I would not worry about to many during the day. Sound like you are doing great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts