Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Too young to tell. Where did you get your pup? Any back round info?

·
Registered
911 Posts
The pup looks like a boxer to me, but I couldn't say it is or isn't mixed. Is there a reason your wife doubts the breeders?

Aren't white boxers prone to hearing and sight problems, like many other breeds including great danes.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I would say she does look slightly...off but again, she might just be a rare color. She's so young it's hard to tell. How old is she? And again, why do you think the breeder lied?

The mom being a white Boxer might account for this odd coloring. I'm going to say right off that this wasn't a good breeder if the pup's mom was white. Good breeders do NOT breed white Boxers. A lot of them even cull them out at soon as they're born. Aside from the fact they're a breed fault, they are genetically weak like @annageckos said, because they are VERY prone to deafness and blindness. Those dogs do not carry any genes you want to pass on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ty for the info. She is almost 9 weeks if what thet old my wife was true. We love her anyway but just had questions.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Did you meet both the parents or just know their coloring? Unless one of the parents looked especially not boxer I'd say she's just a boxer not bred to breed standard very well. I feel like boxer/pit mixes almost always look more pit than boxer to me and have longer muzzles than she does. Fawn boxers do sometimes have less of a mask, also, although it isn't to breed standard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife got her and saw the mom boxer which was white. We love her to death just wanted to get some opinions. We might do DNA to get a better idea. I know it doesnt prove purebred but it could clear up any questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.