Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had Ozzy for a few years now. When I got him I was told he was a yorkie mix but they didn't know what he was mixed with. Looking up pics online I found some pics of Carkies (cairn terrier x yorkie)....they looked a lot like him so I figured that was what he was. The other day I was bored and was looking around at more pics of different dog breeds and mixes and found pics of Australian Terriers that looked a lot like Ozzy. Also the description of the appearance sounds a lot like him too. One main thing that caught my attention was that australian terriers have a strip of very soft/silky hair on the top of their head.....which Ozzy does have! I have always thought that strip of hair was odd, lol. It's different than the rest of his hair. Also I found that they say cairn terriers and yorkies don't shed much at all..........but Ozzy does, so that kinda got me thinking maybe he wasn't a mix of those two breeds. Another thing is Ozzy's hair doesn't get matted. He might get a small knot or two on the longer parts on his legs if I don't brush him for awhile, but they come out easily. Other than that his hair just doesn't seem to knot or matt.......which is definitely nice, lol

Anyway...now that you have some background on the situation I will let you see what you think....I have also attached some pics of him.

p.s. i have attached pics of him with his hair grown out (normal, not trimmed at all) and with it buzzed short (sometimes i do that in the summer)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
aaaaaaah yes he does look like an australian terrier...probably not pure bred but mixed. BTW I hate the word corkie and chiweenie etc. Its just a way back yard breeders got their dogs to be more "popular" in my opinion. But most likely australian terrier in this guy!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hate those mixed breed made-up names too. I am totally against puppymills and backyard breeders!!!!!!!!!! people like that make me sick!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
i hate those mixed breed made-up names too. I am totally against puppymills and backyard breeders!!!!!!!!!! people like that make me sick!
yea theres a lot of those LOL I think your dog actually looks more like an australian terrier than a yorkie. Did you get him from the owner of the mom? I swear a lot of people have no clue what they really have LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the lady i got him from said someone couldn't keep him and gave him to her, but she had like 5 other dogs or something and it was just too much.......i think she said him and one of the other dogs had quarreled some too or something.... she said the person that gave him to her said he was a yorkie mix of some sort but they didn't know what with......so who knows, lol. i agree with you that i think he looks more like an australian terrier than a yorkie.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
the lady i got him from said someone couldn't keep him and gave him to her, but she had like 5 other dogs or something and it was just too much.......i think she said him and one of the other dogs had quarreled some too or something.... she said the person that gave him to her said he was a yorkie mix of some sort but they didn't know what with......so who knows, lol. i agree with you that i think he looks more like an australian terrier than a yorkie.
he could easily be a mix between the two then. I see some yorkie in him, but it is hard with mixes. I have a lab/border collie mix who looks like a sheph mix LOL He is the big one on the left. the right is the beagle mutt lol

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow he does look like a shephard! i could see lab/shep but i don't see any border collie in him at all........the beagle mix does look to have a beagle head from what i can see, lol.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
wow he does look like a shephard! i could see lab/shep but i don't see any border collie in him at all........the beagle mix does look to have a beagle head from what i can see, lol.
yea we didnt know he was beagle LOL hes from mexico. I believe I have his picture to the left under my name <~~~~~ this would be when we first got him.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
in your avatar pic he looks like a shep mix, lol
yea LOL he was this tiny little quiet shy guy now he does what I call the beagle bark n' howl HAHA his ears are what sold me. brown rimmed. but it goes to show how mix breeds can look like totally opposite breeds LOL Oh and his mom was a sheph mix but only a 40 pound sheph mix LOL (the beagle mix guy) both mother and father of the big one were pure bred and he is 70 pounds outweighing both

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know what breed your dog is, but i just had to say how cute he is! He looks like he has a ton of personality. He looks like a different dog with the hair cut!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts