Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
What do you think of pet psychics?
Do you think that pet psychics are for real? Do animals really communicate telepathically and if so can we humans really enter into that discussion? Well I say yes. I am a professional animal interspecies communicator and I have been doing this for over 15 years now. When I first started I was a s big a skeptic as there is. But after a 3 day workshop in which animals told me things I could not have otherwise known, I was converted.
So say you do believe it is possible. Do you believe that YOU can do it? Well the answer to all these questions is everyone can do it. "psychic ability" is not a special gift. Intuition is not something to scoff at or relegate to "women's intuition". It does take putting aside our skepticism, our "empirical" mindset, our left brainitis. It is a right brain function. And like any other skill it takes practice, practice, practice.
So how do you start? By "listening". Listening is in and of itself a skill and one many in the western world do not have in the same abundance that those in the eastern world do. Can you do that? Can you "listen"? Can you learn to meditate? Can you set aside your skepticism about "telepathy"? If you can then you can begin. Once you are really relaxed and open, picture in your mind the animal you want to talk to. Look deeply into their eyes. Look into their soul. Then still imagining them call their name three times as you imagine their name landing on their back. Ask permission to speak with them. Respect for the animal you want to talk with is critical.
But don't be surprised if the animal is surprised that YOU can hear THEM. Most animals long a go gave up on humans re-member-sing the telepathic means of communication.Then practice, practice, practice. Find books to read on telepathy and animal communication. Practice telepathy with people. Listen to cds or watch DVDs on animal communication. Take every opportunity to learn and to practice.
Remember - everyone CAN do this. You have to WANT to. You have to have an open mind. You DON'T have to believe when you begin. I didn't. But you do have to at least be open to the possibility. If you are, soon you will be happily conversing with your animal friends - "and they can talk with you!"
Kasjaws

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
Ha! Its more than spam... its a scam!

There's a sucker born every minute though...

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry. I did not come here to argue. This is my real experience. And as for ads I did not even post or link to my personal website where my services are available to those who are interested. I am only trying to get people to honestly discuss the subject.

I don't do "readings" I have conversations. I need a picture, a name, and a question to enter into a discussion with any animal. However I don't believe I have to prove anything to anyone. Just wanted to see what people thought.

Thanks.
:confused:

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
Sorry. I did not come here to argue. This is my real experience. And as for ads I did not even post or link to my personal website where my services are available to those who are interested. I am only trying to get people to honestly discuss the subject.

I don't do "readings" I have conversations. I need a picture, a name, and a question to enter into a discussion with any animal. However I don't believe I have to prove anything to anyone. Just wanted to see what people thought.

Thanks.
OK then... here is a picture of Josey (my avatar).
Ask him what he loves to do most and what he fears most... or something like that...

I can let you know if you were close!
He's sleeping on the couch near me now...
Do I need to wake him up or anything so you two can talk?

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I will in a little while. I have to go out right now but I will get back to you with it. I promise. I don't guarantee 100% because it is a conversation and communication is a two way street. But I will try to talk with your dog. I really am not trying to scam anyone. There are professional animal communicators all over the world. Anyone can believe what they want.
I was just confused by the "spam" reference. All I did was link this post to anther one I wrote on anther forum. Guess I don't understand the rules here.

·
Registered
18,680 Posts

Ok. Delete your links and explain to the room what a cold reading is and why your reading isnt a cold reading. Ill be waiting:)

I believe in esp, I do not believe one can conjure it at will and I def do not believe in taking peoples money for its use.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My apologies. I did not read the rules. I had trouble finding them just now. So since it is not ok to link to another forum here I am really sorry. That is not a problem in most forums. Again I did NOT link to my website. But now I understand. No spam was intended.:(

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cold reading" is your term. I did not use it. I do not know what you meant by it. I will be back later to respond to Tess if I connect with her dog.
I appreciate your opinion about believing in esp etc. My intent was to start a discussion about it. I paid for my training. Why is it wrong for me to charge for my services anymore than any other practitioner?

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
OK Kasjaws, let's start over. My apologies as well.

Call me an open minded skeptic. I will be impressed if you can tell me something accurate about Josey.

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Cold reading" is your term. I did not use it. I do not know what you meant by it. I will be back later to respond to Tess if I connect with her dog.
I appreciate your opinion about believing in esp etc. My intent was to start a discussion about it. I paid for my training. Why is it wrong for me to charge for my services anymore than any other practitioner?
Paid for your "training"? You paid som' one to convince yourself you have esp? Im familiar with such programs as scams also. I have no doubt you believe you have power. Many people truely believ they can fly before we scrap them from the undersides of bridges.

You can learn to focus your esp, but you cant be trained to do it if you dont have it. Thats like saying I was trained to breathe underwater but yet i dont have gills.

Bwahahha. "cold reading " is NOT my term. The fact you dont know what it means, or are pretending to not know what it means is very telling. Thats like a mechanic saying he doesnt know what gasoline is
Posted via Mobile Device

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know that is all your opinion. Your rules say not to make fun of people or put them down but what are you doing? I believe we are ALL born with telepathic abilities but the culture (and responses like yours) beat it out of us. I do not live in the "psychic" world as you seem to think I do. I am sorry I used the word psychic I do not call myself that. Most animal communicators do not. Just as I said I do not do "readings" I have conversations. I think there is a big difference. I am not "reading" anything or anyone. I am talking with another sentient being.

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
How am I being mean? You asked our opinions and Im giving it. My opinion is what you claim to do is laughable. Furthering my point is you dodging my legit question as to why what you do isnt cold reading?
I could ban you outright for spam, but instead I have given you a chance to explain yourself, which you have not taken, you also havent given tess her reading yet, probably because you are busy reading all her post as research Either you are a charalatan or you arent. The burden is on you. So will you answer the question or do I enforce the rules?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
... So you're only interested in people's opinions if said opinions support your own beliefs? In that case, you don't want a forum, you want an echo chamber.

and I view the whole pet psychics on demand as self-delusion at best and willful con-artistry at worse.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No you are entitled to your opinion but why does it have to be demeaning? So ok I did look up cold reading (which I have NEVER heard of before and it doesn't matter if you believe me) Here is a definition:
Cold reading is a series of techniques used by mentalists, psychics, fortune-tellers, illusionists, and con artists to determine or express details about another person, often in order to convince them that the reader knows much more about a subject than they actually do.[1] Without prior knowledge of a person, a practiced cold reader can still quickly obtain a great deal of information about the subject by analyzing the person's body language, age, clothing or fashion, hairstyle, gender, sexual orientation, religion, race or ethnicity, level of education, manner of speech, place of origin, etc. Cold readers commonly employ high probability guesses about the subject, quickly picking up on signals from their subjects as to whether their guesses are in the right direction or not, and then emphasizing and reinforcing any chance connections the subjects acknowledge while quickly moving on from missed guesses.

So please tell me how any of that can be done when not in the presence of the other? By email? In a forum. I will answer Tess. But contrary to your belief it is not an instant process. I have to stop everything I am doing to concentrate on connecting with Josey. I have not done that yet. I will but if you feel the need to ban me that's ok. I respect others who don't believe telepathy is real. For me it is a very deep part of my spirituality. But I do not mind your disagreement. Just the disrespectful, making fun of my beliefs.

By it's very definition a "cold reading" them seems to me I am a fraud. I shouldn't be offended by that? Maybe I am naive. Ok I am naive. Ban me if you want.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
This sounds like "fun" -When you have time, I'd like you to give my Mischief girl a shot! :D

Her pic is my avatar and I'd love to know what she thinks of living here?
Is she craving anything or needing something that she is not receiving lately?

I really haven't got much of an opinion on the validity of Pet or even people psychics, but I'll keep an open mind until you tell me something like my dogs secretly want to join a cult or take to the open road with the Ice Capades....LOL ;)

Welcome to the Forum btw - as long as you are not linking to other forums, promoting your website or asking for monies for your services, I think your pet conversations could be fun for those who are interested in that sort of 'entertainment'. I'm on a budget, so I'll do just about anything that's free! :)

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
If you employ high probability guesses and recieve any feedback during your "telepathy" that does fall into cold reading, absolutely. The fact that you can see names of the dogs and locations of the owners (not to mention the posts they make) gives you ample ability to scam som'one.

My disagreeing with you is making fun of your "beliefs?" comedy. You mistake my confidence for arrogance. I know alot about sociology, psychology, evolution and behaviorism. I can explain to you why you believe (or what anyone believes) what they do in biological and behaviorist terms. I know gobs about this having esp myself (which I dont pretend to "focus" or charge for) and like I said. The burden is on you to prove me wrong

But please dont make your magic trick into a religion and then act offended when the obvious is pointed out
Posted via Mobile Device

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
OK, well I am very interested in hearing what you and Josey talk about. We just came back from a short hike, so you probably were not able to talk with him then, as he was pretty busy! However he's now lying peacefully on the floor, eyes drifting closed... seems like a perfect time to get in touch!

One more thing, I do believe the mods can tell what threads members have accessed, so you might want to not go through looking for lots of stuff about Josey, as that would, from a scientific standpoint, weaken your case as far as legit communication goes.

Anyways, Josey is a bit unusual for a dog, so he would be an interesting case study for this whole idea.

I remain skeptical but open minded and optimistic!

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Hmm, seems like an interesting thread.

If you'll have a go - try out my pup Whisky. "Talk" to her, and find out what she likes to do, and what she dislikes - what her fave food is and her least fav food - what she likes about me and what she dislikes about me. Tell me what her personality is like, then maybe I'll belive you. Otherwise, well... you've already heard it from Crio so I won't have to repeat anything...

Here is a picture if you need one:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.