Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I hope this post is okay, but here goes. The company I work for makes a dog ramp that has been geared towards the field trial/hunt test world thus far. We're starting to branch out into the rest of the working dog world as well as the pet world. I've been tasked with determining what people are really looking for in a ramp, specifically one that is used for loading/unloading from vehicles during travel. If anyone wouldn't mind taking the time to give me your input it would be greatly appreciated.

Specifically it would be great to know what you prefer when it comes to length, weight, folding/unfolding, and etc. Really, any input at all would be wonderful.

Thank you for your time!
Jennifer

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
It should be foldable and not take up too much space. especially all seats in the car are occupied and there is baggage in there too, you'd need something that's not too broad and easy to put in the leg area in the back of the car.
I like the technique of the kleinmetall ramps, but they've got metal in them, and perhaps I'd prefer plastic, because it's bit less heavy.
It should not be too flimsy though and able to carry the weight of 50-60 kg dog atleast.
Personally, since Sancho hates ramps that wobble, I'd prefer it standing as steady as possible and it not make too much sounds, when the dog walks over it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Thanks for your input, I will pass it on. The biggest thing we are working on is folding while still keeping the lightweight, sturdy construction. Most of the ramps we sell are within 60"-72" and are either stored in the truck bed or the breezeway, so the folding was not a concern when it was originally developed. Thanks again! I appreciate it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts