Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this here cos I believe lots (most?) of your members are in the States, and I think you have a much longer history of dealing with this and more knowledge of it than we here in the UK.
Has anybody got any ideas/theories about how this is contracted? Current thinking here is that is somehow related to mud, dirty water, woods/forests/e-coli mutations.
Actually, to be honest it seems like nobody really has any clue.
Currently quite a few dogs have died and these are being attributed to renal failure as a result of the disease. Any info would be gold dust. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm posting this here cos I believe lots (most?) of your members are in the States, and I think you have a much longer history of dealing with this and more knowledge of it than we here in the UK.
Has anybody got any ideas/theories about how this is contracted? Current thinking here is that is somehow related to mud, dirty water, woods/forests/e-coli mutations.
Actually, to be honest it seems like nobody really has any clue.
Currently quite a few dogs have died and these are being attributed to renal failure as a result of the disease. Any info would be gold dust. Thanks everybody.
Alabama rot!?!?!? I LIVE in Alabama and I've never heard of this!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, hope I didn't upset anyone in Alabama....that's how it's known here. It was a bit late when I posted this so it was too much effort to type Idiopathic cutaneous and renal glomerular vasculopathy.
Thanks for your reply, and any info/experience/suggestions on anything to do to guard our dogs against this would be helpful as at the moment we have nothing except "don't worry, it hasn't affected many dogs". Not much consolation if your dog is one of those that have died here recently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts