Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I’m building a new platform that allows you to find trustworthy people nearby that could take care of your dog - for a few hours, a day, a week, or longer if you need to be away.

This will be an alternative to BorrowMyDoggy with many more safety features that make sure you have a peace of mind when someone else is taking care of your dog.

Could you answer a couple of multiple-choice questions about what you worry about / would like to have when choosing who to leave your dog with?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For sure - that’s why I wanted to get other people’s opinion on what trustworthy would be in their view! I think the problem of having no one to leave your dog with exists, so just trying to think of a solution that works and doesn’t put them at risk.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Im sure if you ask the mods and provide a trust worthy link to you questions or post them here people will respond...but a strange link from a newbie? No way im clicking that...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ok much better. Not that it will be a surprise but i have trust issues! Lol

Im off to a wedding in September Ive already arranged my daughter to come and care for my dogs. I have the offer to stay there in a hotel but I will leave early and drive home so that my boys are not left alone too long. Other than my daughter I wouldn't let anyone take care of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for your response - super valuable! And totally understand re wanting to just trust your family with your dog.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I cant do it as i havnt left my dog with anyone. Yrs ago i had the once in a lifetime chance for me to go on holiday to the only place i belong which is alaska but heartbreakingly i couldnt do it. I dont trust anyone to look after jesse. Hes very delicate

·
Registered
122 Posts
With how the world is today, I wouldn't trust anyone (maybe a relative But that's it) with my girls. I don't even have a sitter for my kids. It's too untrustworthy for me, not worth the risks. Even with proper background checks people slip through those cracks. Risk outweighs any reward in my opinion.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ive always missed out on trips or most of them anyway, there was one we just took them with us.. but im the same i don’t trust anyone to care for them, and certainly not like i do.. the only way i would consider it is if i could get on my phone and see at any time how my babies are doing but even then idk if it would be enough.
Course i feel like i worry about more stuff then most people, i mean i worry about being at work and a tornado destroying the house which would get them and i worry about people breaking into the house and stealing them, currently i go above and beyond to protect them from covid... after store i change and wash up before saying hi to them, no kisses which i miss greatly.
I dont let them leave my side at vets office and i know most of them there Because i work there, they have a dental appointment in july and i took the whole day off work to stay there from 8-3 with them, be there before and after their cleaning. When we go place’s just outside our home or for a walk or if we leave (which dont do very often, car ride could be dangerous if accident, and not to mention public has risks )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts