Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were recently on vacation and noticed that our maltipoo had fleas. We stay in a camper. We treated her and the camper and thought we were in the clear. Tonight my daughter noticed that she, once again, had fleas. My husband gave her a flea bath. This is my first experience ever with a dog and fleas. I have 11 kids and a large home and I'm wondering how freaked out I should be? Do I have to treat EVERY fabric surface in my house? All of my carpets? I just don't know how quickly fleas spread...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I experienced that before. What i did is I washed all the beddings each rooms then after I vacuumed each surface and lastly i sprayed insecticide throughout my home. Do it every after two days. Thank me after hehe. God bless!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Be gentle on their skin while you treat them. In the interim, between applying the medication and giving the bath, you may comb your dog's fur with a flea comb. Keep a small bowl of soapy water on hand. If you scoop up a flea or eggs, drown them in the soap water, and keep going.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Did you treat her with a flea preventative, like Frontline, or nexgard? That's probably what its going to take to eradicate them.
I agree and you have to treat for three consecutive months to break the life cycle of the flea. Also treat all dogs and cats in the house. Cats are the fleas favorite host.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In the case of fleas, apply the medication right away. Over the counter flea killers, such as Capstar Flea Killer, will rid your dog of their infestation within 6 hours. After about a week, you can give your dog a bath with flea killing shampoo. Cover with dog carry bag Don't overuse the shampoo.

Treat your dog with a fast-acting oral flea treatment – dead fleas are easier to wash away. Use a flea comb — dip comb in a mixture of dish soap and water to kill remaining fleas on a comb. Bathe your puppy or dog with a specially-formulated flea shampoo. Treat your dog with a flea spray.

·
Registered
3 Posts
These also happened to my dogs and I almost think i will never treated thanks to this Amazing Vet in his videos https://dausel.co/gwtjwG i was able to treat my dogs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
how to get ride of the nasty flea and ticks

I had too experience problem with the dogs ticks and fleas and had a hard time getting rid of them luckily I came across this video that helps me understand it more. I like to share this with all pet owners I hope this can help you guys a lot
https://dausel.co/L3qMFP hope this can help :thumbsup::huddle:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts