Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Titan is a rescue dog from a kill shelter in GA. He was pulled by a shepherd rescue and then transported to a lab rescue. (He was about 9 months old, he's now about 3)

Breeds people have guessed before:
*lab
*pit type
*cur
*hound
*rhodesian ridgeback
*collie

He's a big goofball and will do anything that makes me laugh/give him attention. He is moderately active. He will sleep all day if I need him to, but he's always ready to go for a run/walk/go out and play/whatever. He howls (on command now too, instead of speak!! :D ) and is always pushing/poking things with his nose. He's not aloof; he loves people when they are at his house but sometimes isn't interested in people at other places. He's food motivated. He can run pretty fast and turns faster than most other dogs (very few could ever catch him at the dog park because of his agile direction changing). He's an extremely good jumper. He uses his front paws a lot when he's playing with other dogs.

So...what do you think?? :ponder:

Also just out of curiousity, what would make a dog hate guns? He's never had a bad experience while here but if he sees someone carrying a gun (even a BB gun) he will bite at them. He actually jumped up and took the BB gun from the person's hand. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
GSD in there for sure, probably more then just 2 beeds in there though.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GSD in there for sure, probably more then just 2 beeds in there though.
Oh, definitely more than 2 breeds! He's wonderful whatever the combination, I just like to know what other people see. I see a lot of lab some days, but I can also see where people are getting the bully breed.

I don't see shepherd or rotti, but I would believe they are there based on behavior and such.

Thanks for your responses! And would love more guesses if anyone else has some! :)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I see some Shepherd as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
He is the spitting image of my girl! I wonder if they could be related. I'm attaching some pics.

I'm leaning toward predominantly GS pit mix. Something about the ears and top of the head makes me think pitbull, and the body shape, scruff, and color pattern is very GS.

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
drea0731... I see some bully in your dog's head too. Some shepherd and lab too. She is very pretty.

efinley... I'm not seeing bully in him either. Lab for sure. Some shepherd. He is a handsome fellow.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
You, dear Sir or Lady, are most probably a homo sapiens sapiens. If not you'd probably not write in this forum....except if you're an Alien. ;)

Titan however, is probably a mix of dt. Schäferhund and some houndbreed (I'd go in the direction of the houndtype of the Bracke/braque/Bracco, if it were an European dog).
I think bullterrier breeds are very unlikely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts