Dog Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, we found this guy running around our neighborhood about 1.5 weeks ago. No ID or microchip but we're actively trying to locate his owners through flyers, walking him around the neighborhood, CL ad, Facebook groups, apps, you name it...he's too cute not to have someone missing him. Didn't want to take him to the pound as their stray hold is only 72 hours before they adopt out/PTS but we did send them our flyer.

Vet says he's 5-6 months old and he's 16" at the shoulder, but what IS he?! I was thinking some kind of pit mix because pits are so common around here, but the whole ears/eyes/nose reminds me of a bull terrier. Someone even suggested French bulldog. :ponder:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Those rounded perked ears do say frenchie to me. Just not the rest of it! The nose isn't bull terrier at all, they have those odd egg shaped heads. Possibly a staffie mix, they're well muscled and low-slung dogs.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know why I didn't think Staffy. He's definitely a lot shorter and stockier than my APBT...not that she's the best example (husband got her from a BYB shortly before we met). His coat and markings, too, look Staffy. Although he does seriously remind me of a Corgi sometimes.

No leads yet. :( He's not fixed, wasn't housebroken, and didn't seem to know any commands. We took him for a walk around the neighborhood yesterday morning in hopes that someone might be out looking. Haven't seen any flyers besides ours, and I keep checking CL, PetHarbor, and my Facebook groups. Hard to believe someone hasn't called yet but I know it can take time. :/

Meanwhile, he seems to be enjoying our family hikes. Collar belongs to us; he didn't have anything on him when we found him.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
bull terrier/corgi mix is my best guess. Extremely adorable for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts