Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Would like some input to what you might think which breeds our dogs might be?
They're brothers but look pretty different, the rescue shelter had them down as chihuahuas, but they're definitely a mix.

Any advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
917 Posts
I can see chi, and maybe boston terrier. How much do they weigh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought along those lines too, the smaller one is around 6 (he was very underweight when we got him) the fatter one is 6.9kg :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah there's definitely some kind of pug/boston terrier genes in there somewhere.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
What's their personality like? They're definitely part brachy dog, like a Pug or Boston Terrier. Other than that maybe Chihuahua or Jack Russel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The little one is very quiet and clingy, to the point of being quite protective over me, the bigger one (the one with the rounder head) is more playful and independent, he prefers to sleep in his own bed rather than cuddle on the couch etc. They're both pretty quiet at the moment but they're still in the settling in period :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was thinking Chihuahua/Pekingese, but I guess Pug fits better with the shorter fur, their faces are similar if you look past all the Peke fur.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pekingese never even came in to my head, but i just did a quick google search of 'Chihuahua Pekignese' and found a doppleganger for Little, the one with the underbite!

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Natasha33
1 - 10 of 10 Posts