Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! Made a post about my Rat Terrier, Pinto a few weeks ago.
My boyfriend has two other dogs and after making that post we've been curious about their breeds as well. Jack (the white possible Jack Russel Mix) is a VERY calm dog and that's why it almost wouldn't make sense for him to be Jack Russel, though I suppose every dog is different. He is extremely easy going with humans but he almost acts like a cat where he likes his alone time and keeps to himself most of the time. When it thunders, he gets very frightened and tries to come to bed with us. He's stubborn and does not like to do tricks. He's very dominant with other dogs and barks at ANYTHING out the window or if any other dog barks. It's an extremely high pitched bark, very piercing.

Chewy is a possible chow mix. We thought German Shepherd Chow. When he was first adopted, my boyfriend's parents were told that he would be a miniature chow, but he just kept growing and growing and now he is a rather large dog. I'm not sure of the specifics, but he is about 4 feet and maybe 80 pounds? I'm not exactly sure. He has a very fluffy coat, but his parents shave him to look like a lion so he isn't so hot in the summer and so he doesn't get a lot of ticks. Chewy is very sweet and loves attention. He's fairly easy to train and has a very scary sounding growl/bark but he is harmless. He likes to lay with people but usually at the end of the bed like he has some sort of guard dog instincts. Chewy tries to run away if he accidentally gets out of the house and he doesn't come home until he's tired out.

Jack:

Jack w/ Pinto:

Chewy:

Jack and Chewy:

Thank you for your input. :3 I appreciate it greatly!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Chewy is gorgeous! I love his liony look. Chow in the mix for sure. One of my neighbors has a pure Chow and Chewy looks a lot like him.

Something about Jack makes me think Chihuahua, but I'm probably wrong. He is cute.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I see Keeshond in Chewy. Maybe Keeshond x Chow?

Jack definitely has Chi in him. There's a ton of Chi mixes out there, Chis are super popular dogs.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I agree- I see some Chihuahua in Jack. I'm thinking mixed with Jack Russell. Chewy, I can't be any more help than saying I definitely see Chow. He could have some GSD in him. It's kind of hard to tell with him shaved.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Jack's picture instantly made me think Chi mix, those guys are everywhere, so I wouldn't be surprised.
I'm also at a loss with Chewy, definitely Chow, could be GSD but it's hard to know.

·
Registered
101 Posts
First thing I thought of when I saw Jack was chihuahua too for sure, looks a little big for a purebred though, maybe chihuahua x JRT like everyone else says. It seems like chihuahuas, mostly white ones, are known for their black and pink nose, which Jack has. It doesn't even have to necessarily be Jack Russell though, seems any sort of terrier or maybe something rarer like the Alopekis?

And one way to tell if Chewy is Chow is the tongue, if he's got enough then it'll be blueish-black. He could definitely pass as a chow x GSD mix, but another specific breed that could look similar is the Eurasier.

Both dogs however are gorgeous and adorable. c:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.