Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is our now 4 month old puppy Sadie. We have been wondering what breed she is. When we got her they said she was basset lab mix. Everyone says she is something different. She has a very strong hunting instinct and very active. She have webbed feet. She has big feet and long legs and she weights about 22 lbs now. The vet just calls her a hound lab mix. Any guesses of what breed she is?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Hound x lab sounds right, Black & Tan Coonhound would be my guess.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I must not have hit "Post". Ugh! Anyway- I see more Dachshund than Basset Hound. My guess would be Standard Dachshund mix. Maybe with Lab, maybe not. It will be easier to tell when she's an adult. BTW- she's cute!

·
Registered
951 Posts
I must not have hit "Post". Ugh! Anyway- I see more Dachshund than Basset Hound. My guess would be Standard Dachshund mix. Maybe with Lab, maybe not. It will be easier to tell when she's an adult. BTW- she's cute!
I agree that I see dachshund giving that dog it's long body and shorter legs vs basset hound

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
If anything I'd say more like B&T Coonhound and Basset. Definitely a hound dog! Maybe a little Lab in there too but I'd say mostly some hound dog.
@Bryansgirl It always does that when I'm on my phone but not on a computer. I'm going to assume this is your problem

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for all of the replies I was thinking she was mixed with a lab and a coonhound but we are still unsure wether she is mixed with a Doxie or a basset

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wanna say dachshund because of that head shot but it looks like she kinda has the pudgyness of a basset, but that could just be puppy fat.. bassetts do have pretty long bodies too to give it the length
Maybe she's got austrian black and tan hound?
As for bassett or dachshund, for now I'm voting dachshund, but it'll be easier to tell when she gets older
cute puppy though<33

·
Registered
101 Posts
Actually have you checked out the Slovakian Hound((AKA black forest hound))??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.