Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got her from people who could no longer care for her. We were told there were 2 possible fathers for her. Her mother was a tiny purebred Yorkshire Terrier. They had the mother there and showed us many pictures of our girl with her as a tiny puppy. They apparently tried to breed her mother with another male purebred Yorkie. The woman's son who was staying with them at the time also had a male poodle who was not fixed. When Ruby was born white with black spots they wondered if the poodle got to the mom first! Her mother only had 2 puppies, our girl and a male who was black at birth. I will add that her previous owners said Ruby's mother was a parti gene carrier, which is why they were unsure if she is a mix breed or not. I am curious of everyone's opinion based on her looks. It doesn't really matter of coarse, just wondering what others think! She weighs 6 pounds 5 ounces, mostly hair. You cant really see her coloring in these pics but she has beautiful tan and grey markings :).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh wow looking at the pictures of Lhasa Apso she does look like she could be part! Maybe the father was a poodle/Lhasa mix. Whatever she is, she is sweet as pie and we just love her! She has a check up next week and I will ask the Vet's opinion. I figure it'd be good to do some research on her breed(s) to learn more about possible health problems and what not. Thanks for the replies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts