Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a neighborhood stray that I've been building a relationship with over the past couple of months. He's EXTREMELY scared of people and he came into my house today... I'd like to try and take him in but it may be a bit of a challenge.

I have an Aussie Border Collie mix that's 5 years old as well as a 6 year old son. This dog seems to have been owned at one point, he knows the commands sit and lay down. Also, once he finally allowed me to start getting close enough to pet and praise him, he'll roll over and let me pet his belly and love on him.

He's definitely malnourished and dehyrated -- every time he tries to drink water he throws it back up. That's due to the dehydration, right? Also, he has this thing where he won't stop licking my other dog. It's not normal, curious licking - it's instrusive, lick every inch of her body until she looks like she feel into a lake kind of licking and it's NON STOP. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Its a chow chow mix

Licking at that level can simply be a stress behavior. If you don't like it you can gently ask her to stop but make sure you give her som'thing to do instead of the licking, or she'll just start again.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd definitely say chow mix, as far as the licking yes that is a stress behavior and try giving very small amounts of water instead of letting it drink a lot at one time, boiled chicken and rice is what my vet suggests for malnourished to start with in small servings it's easy on their digestive system so they are able to keep it down better, also a good de-worming will probably help a lot to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts