Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ronnie was found on the street at 8 weeks old. He has a slight underbite, bottom teeth are just right in front of his top teeth. He is small and his paws aren't very big so we assume he won't grow very big. I was thinking he is a terrier because of his wirey hair. Maybe a border terrier crossed with something else?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
He looks like there is a lot of Rottweiler in him, and of course some sort of terrier that gave him the wiry hair.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
this fur pattern is pretty common in a lot of breeds.
doesn't have to be Rottweiler. :)
If you say it has wire hair, it could be a Schnauzer mix. they can come in this furpattern.
I guess you'Ve got to wait a few months until it's grown up to see more clearly.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
He seems too teeny tiny to be rott. I agree with some kind of terrier. I see that pattern in dachshunds a lot so maybe terrier dachsie mix?

It's hard to tell that young, I'd love to see more pics as he gets older! It's always fun to see how a dog turns out

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I brought a puppy a little over a month ago. Sellers claim she was a pit bull but I knew she wasn't. I do believe she's a boxer mix but I'm not sure with what maybe you guys have an idea ?
could be boxer/pittie or Dogge/Pittie.

I would suggest making your own thread for that question. :)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I brought a puppy a little over a month ago. Sellers claim she was a pit bull but I knew she wasn't. I do believe she's a boxer mix but I'm not sure with what maybe you guys have an idea ?
She looks like a Pit Bull so what leads to the idea she is not? Not all breeders are honest and just because a dog appears to be a Pit Bull does not mean that they are but if they were bought as one and have the appearance it's reasonable to think they are a Pit Bull. She could be mixed with almost anything, if she is mixed. Likely a short haired breed. It is very possible that she is Pit/Boxer as Matilda said since some people intentionally do this cross. If you note Boxer traits then she is probably Pit/Boxer. You can't tell much by the pics you posted but if you start a thread with front and side shots that will help. Boxers tend to have deep chest that is usually apparent in Boxer mixes too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People always say rottie when they see him, but I agree that he's too small - the markings could be dachshund/pinscher etc

Thanks for inputs! Will post pictures when he's older :)
His most recent change are his ears sticking up more than before. He also put on 1kg in 2 weeks! So maybe some staffy/bull in there who knows, it's fun to see him changing :)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts