Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas of what breed of dog my puppy, Spree, could be :ponder: She is about 4.5 months old and 31 pounds. Also, her tail curls up, in a C-shape. Thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
This may be far fetched but some German Shorthaired Pointer? Or Jack Russell?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm...
well, I want to wait for more replies, but after a while I'll post what the vet & people we got her from thought she was

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, she came from Kentucky and was listed there as a border collie mix, but the people (in NJ) who rescued her said they thought she was a cattle dog mix. However, the vet thought she was an australian shepherd mix.

But, I think the red heeler suggestion is very close.

Thanks for all your thoughts!

·
Registered
9 Posts
She looks just like the Red Healer a friend of mine has, but a little smaller and more terrier-like. The markings are almost exactly the same as a Red Healer. I'd vote for a Red Healer / Jack Russell mix. You never know though. ;)

-Travis

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I would say she looks like jack russel in the face but the coat is so similar to a britney spaniel (color) but looks wire haired like a russel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, I couldn't get a good measure because she keeps squirming around, but she's about 16 or 17 inches high (from the floor to the top of her back) if this helps anyone.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would def say Austrailian cattle dog, maybe the other breed will show more when she is fully grown :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts