Dog Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i wanted to know if someone can tell me what breed is this dog, i think its like a mix of jack russel terrier but im not sure... Also i would like to know how much energy does this breed has, how much it will grow and if theres an especific country/place where they grow them.

I know jack russel terrier its a hard breed to take care of and thats why i want to know if with my lifestyle and schedule i can adopt one of these.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Definitely not a Jack Russel. Except for coat color and the tail, it doesn't look like one. It appears to be a med/large breed puppy with a double coat. Except for the docked tail, it resembles an Akita puppy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing is that this puppy has a very short tale and akita puppies doesn't. The other particular is its snout. As i said before maybe its a mix, it has a lot of common with akita puppy but theres a part left.
I really want to know what breed this dog is!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The number that there appears is from the place where you can buy these calendars, its like a stock mall. I did called them but they only have the number of who print them. Even on internet theres no page with the name of this calendar, its supposed to be a calendar that its released each year but no clue, even on internet.. Its gonna be so hard to find this puppy, well this breed.

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
Def not a jack russell...
Honestly I don't think even a mix.
I don't recognize the breed offhand. Could be a mixed breed but also perhaps an Italian breed not so common outside your country? Many of us are in the US and Canada so wouldn't be super familiar unless known over here.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Def not a jack russell...
Honestly I don't think even a mix.
I don't recognize the breed offhand. Could be a mixed breed but also perhaps an Italian breed not so common outside your country? Many of us are in the US and Canada so wouldn't be super familiar unless known over here.:)
So i searched as you said in the breeds particular here in italy and the only breed that is "similar" its this one CANE DA PASTORE MAREMMANO ABRUZZESE
I still thinking that i could be a mix between a jack russell and a akita and i found this puppy that is kinda similar to the one i'm looking for. https://www.greenfieldpuppies.com/jackrussellmix-puppies-for-sale-pa-md-de/toffee-1373690511/

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
looks like some kind of lifestock guarding breed to me. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
Idk about ovcharka...
Granted I'm no expert on the breed and have never seen on in person, it's just that based on the pics I have seen I would expect a pup to be heavier boned, have a different muzzle, and perhaps also a different ear set... could be totally wrong though.

Regardless, ovcharka's are not a good fit for the vast majority of people. Not something to dive into based on looks alone.;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah you're right they'repretty big and i dont have a house or place to let them grow "freely". But again i have to start all over and keep searching for what breed this puppy could be.. :/

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
What about this puppy makes you so interested in it? Sometimes the dogs we are in love with physically do not make great companions for our lifestyles.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The thing is that this puppy has a very short tale and akita puppies doesn't. The other particular is its snout. As i said before maybe its a mix, it has a lot of common with akita puppy but theres a part left.
I really want to know what breed this dog is!

That's why I said "except for the tail" ;)
You seem pretty determined to say this is a Jack Russel mix. It's too big for that. No matter what the breed/mix, it appears to be a puppy that will grow to be medium to large in size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What about this puppy makes you so interested in it? Sometimes the dogs we are in love with physically do not make great companions for our lifestyles.
I had fear of dogs because when i was a kid i was attacked by a dog but then i had to live 5 years with my cousin dog (a border collie), and i started to love dogs in particular that breed. I realize each breed is different and had different needs but i just saw this dog and i wanted to know what breed he is, im not saying ill adopt one cause i want to know how they are specially when they grow and the space they need cause my reality now its different from when i lived with my cousins.
I just will love to know, to discover, what breed this beatiful little puppy is...

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
1. You probably won't find out what breed this puppy is exactly unless you can find the original source of the photo. But I can tell you it's most definitely NOT a Jack Russel, although it does look like an Akita pup. But the possibility of a Jack Russel and an Akita breeding is extremely slim, and potentially physically impossible, or would create very physically screwed up dogs due to the size difference. I can also tell you pretty definitely, this dog has no Jack Russel in him whatsoever. He's a pup that looks about 2-3 months old and he's about the size of a full grown Jack Russel.

2. Why is it you are so adamant about finding out the breed? I can see you seem to find this puppy very cute and maybe want one. Getting a dog because it's cute is a very, very bad idea. Many dogs are cute, but that doesn't mean they are a good match for you and your lifestyle or dog handling/training ability.

3. PLEASE DON'T GET A PUPPY FROM THAT WEBSITE!!!! That is a puppy mill website and breeds dogs from cruel, sources. If you want a dog please do some more research into what breed would be good for you, and what are good sources to get them from. These stickies would be a great first step to learning more.

http://www.dogforum.com/new-additions/bybs-puppymills-petstores-reputable-breeders-88226/

http://www.dogforum.com/new-additions/how-choose-right-breed-11760/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts