Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We got him from a shelter with no information. He's mid size (30-40lbs.) an overall thick body with what I would call wirey hair. Very energetic and at the same time lazy. Oddly will not fetch anything and overly gravitates to water (most dogs do I know) I tried to be as helpful as possible, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Did they have even a general idea of how old he is? He reminds me a little of the Irish Wolfhounds I walk, though very much smaller. He could be an IW (doubtful, as they are not very common) or terrier mix.

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
He does look similar to an Irish Wolfhound. I highly doubt that he's an IW mix, tho. Unless they are popular where he originated. My guess would be Poodle/Schnauzer mix with some other terriers thrown in.

·
Registered
290 Posts
@SueM that depends. While it is unlikely, I wouldn't count it out. There was a big bust in Texas last year and tons of Wolfhounds and IW mixes were rescued and transported to different places across the country. My client with IWs is the secretary of our local Irish Wolfhound club. One of theirs is from that group. Poor thing is scared to death of everything.

·
Registered
406 Posts
@SueM that depends. While it is unlikely, I wouldn't count it out. There was a big bust in Texas last year and tons of Wolfhounds and IW mixes were rescued and transported to different places across the country. My client with IWs is the secretary of our local Irish Wolfhound club. One of theirs is from that group. Poor thing is scared to death of everything.
Thank-you! :) I had no idea about the bust. That poor dog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts