Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a guy walks into my store with a rather large puppy (about 30lbs) and it outwardly apears to be a mastiff mix or maybe a pit/mastif...

I ask to pet the dog and then say "what is he, like 4 months old"?

The guy says "no 8 wks"

Me..."holy crap so hes a mastiff mix right"?

him..." no hes a blue-brindle"

I nod and walk away because I knew it would be hard for me to "play nice" in the next few sentences.

SO yeah, wow...8 wks old walking around...so he'll likely pick up parvo...and the asshat owner doesn't even know the difference between breeds and colors... and hes going to own a 150lb dog...great.*lesigh*

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
so a guy walks into my store with a rather large puppy (about 30lbs) and it outwardly apears to be a mastiff mix or maybe a pit/mastif...

I ask to pet the dog and then say "what is he, like 4 months old"?

The guy says "no 8 wks"

Me..."holy crap so hes a mastiff mix right"?

him..." no hes a blue-brindle"

I nod and walk away because I knew it would be hard for me to "play nice" in the next few sentences.

SO yeah, wow...8 wks old walking around...so he'll likely pick up parvo...and the asshat owner doesn't even know the difference between breeds and colors... and hes going to own a 150lb dog...great.*lesigh*

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA I hate people who let their 6 week, 8 week, even 12 week old pups walk around pet stores..my dog was not allowed down on the floor NOR in the carts till he was 4 months old. Even at the vet office I would hold him LOL. I was paranoid much.

anywho back to people not knowing breeds, this woman with an english bulldog proceeded to tell me her dog was a mastiff :/ I tried explaining to her what the heck a mastiff was and she continued to say he was one....then told me to back off or her "mastiff" would bite me :rofl: oh lord.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts